TFA Trailer 3 (spoilers/images)

Driver

Lol. @ Krawlie.

Now we do know that Ren is a fanboy, but does he really know what Vader's endgame was? Unless of course it was a reference to wiping out all of the Jedi. Even still that was Palpy's plan. Vader was just a puppet. Even GL would have a hard time spinning it otherwise. Seeing as its how he wrote Anakin's path in ROTS.

Part of me wonders if the above is still real-- but not the trailer we ended up with. It still feels legit despite seeing the real thing:

Now I may backtrack on Finn. He sure doesn't seem ready when Ren comes for him.

This was super cool and better than the above anyway. Ford seemed like Han. More Falcon in action.

I'll say it again, the fact JJ went off book with the cinematography excites me to no end. This movie looks so alive. All you people who don't get the complaint that the PT looks boring and sterile and fake-- compare it to this. This movie is going to look beyond amazing.

Biggest WTF moment for me-- Han talking like the events of ROTJ are nothing but legend and not well-known history!

My favorite part-- how freaking little we still know about the story.

My favorite part (tied with all of the parts) is the dialogue:

Rey: "There were stories about what happened."

Han: "It's true... All of it.... The dark side, the Jedi, they're real."

What took place in the original trilogy is... legendary. Mythical. Unbelievable. Chillllllllllls.

Lots of interesting shots in there.

The shot of Ren on a bridge surrounded in a red light. What is that? Are they testing whatever super weapon they have, and it's the beam outside of the window?

The shots of the snow planet show a very long, very straight line in the planets surface that seems to match up with the 'death star' looking thing in the poster.

Clearly Rey is being painted as the lead character here. Leading in, it sure seemed like Finn was the main lead. But Rey is all over this trailer and has top billing on the poster. So thats interesting and cool.

And the best thing that I saw in the trailer, LOTS of dogfights. The PT criminally underused actual space battles and it's great to see those get the proper attention again.

Edit: Yes I love how bottled up the story is even now. We have no idea what is going on and this is the last trailer we are going to get. Love it love it love it.

Lots of interesting shots in there.

The shot of Ren on a bridge surrounded in a red light. What is that? Are they testing whatever super weapon they have, and it's the beam outside of the window?

I think so-- the shot right after Ren is Force-interrogating Poe there's another red light shot of a forest being nuked. Clearly their superweapon-- which is not a Death Star, but like we guessed from the poster, built into a planet. Still not sure how they'll get that thing around...

OK but seriously....is Rey crying over Chewie's body?!

Looks like Chewie and Han to me-- but it's not very clear.

Could be a Knights of Ren appearance in the rain/lightning shot. Could also just be lackey troopers with him.

In the shot with Han, Finn, and Rey walking up with all the banners, the Mandalorian symbol is visible for a second at the very top - potentially interesting.

Could be a Knights of Ren appearance in the rain/lightning shot. Could also just be lackey troopers with him.

In the shot with Han, Finn, and Rey walking up with all the banners, the Mandalorian symbol is visible for a second at the very top - potentially interesting.

That is a great find! I didn't notice it until you said it but it's definitely there.

Ren is surrounded by flametroopers.

I don't see it-- screencap!

Ren is surrounded by flametroopers and Phasma

it's intentional even though they are technically ignoring the PT.

I've seen you say this a few times. What is your reason for thinking that? It is Episode 7. I would imagine any allusions to episodes 1-3 would be small at best seeing as only 2 characters remain from them.

My thinking is, no one liked the prequels. (just go with it)

They can't exactly de-canonize them given the amount of ties and marketing involved, but if you look at everything JJ and Kathleen Kennedy, or Kasdan and Kinberg have said, they are very politic and soft on the topic-- but they NEVER refer to the prequels, or picking up on any of the threads left behind.

They have made it clear from the get go that these movies are inspired by the OT, and the OT only. I'm also pretty sure they will have things we wanted to see in the PT, but didn't get. Lucas is gone, and JJ represents people like me-- people who grew up on the OT, and were not satisfied with the PT.

Again-- they are't saying the PT never happened, but they are very carefully not referencing it in any way.

I'd trade Chewie for Han in an instant. I've lived most of my Star Wars life in a post Chewbacca world. I don't want to lose Han Solo.

Either way though, can't imagine they'd give something like that up like that in the trailer that's so easy to work out. Just doesn't fit with everything else they've done.

it's intentional even though they are technically ignoring the PT.

I've seen you say this a few times. What is your reason for thinking that? It is Episode 7. I would imagine any allusions to episodes 1-3 would be small at best seeing as only 2 characters remain from them.

My thinking is, no one liked the prequels. (just go with it)

They can't exactly de-canonize them given the amount of ties and marketing involved, but if you look at everything JJ and Kathleen Kennedy, or Kasdan and Kinberg have said, they are very politic and soft on the topic-- but they NEVER refer to the prequels, or picking up on any of the threads left behind.

They have made it clear from the get go that these movies are inspired by the OT, and the OT only. I'm also pretty sure they will have things we wanted to see in the PT, but didn't get. Lucas is gone, and JJ represents people like me-- people who grew up on the OT, and were not satisfied with the PT.

Again-- they are't saying the PT never happened, but they are very carefully not referencing it in any way.

I see where you're going, but saying TFA is based on the OT is kind of a duh statement. The only characters around from the PT are R2 and 3PO. And it kind of looks like there won't be a lot of either of them. What kind of reference are they going to make? Hell the PT is based on the OT. I can't see any references to be made. Maybe that seems like they are ignoring it (which we don't know because we haven't seen any of these movies yet) , but it could be that story wise there is nothing to draw from.

Possible on the flametroopers, but Phasma is definitely not in that shot (right? Unless I'm missing her)

post-43313-0-25413000-1445312394_thumb.png

FROM LEFT TO RIGHT:

Starlord, Phasma, Cloud from FFIV, Ren, Medical Droid bounty hunter, Imperial Guardsman, Flametrooper

Yeah, not as regimented as I thought on closer look. One lightsaber makes me think they're aren't Ren Knights-- but maybe they just haven't turned them on OH GOD I HOPE FOR NO RULE OF TWO

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.