TFA Trailer 3 (spoilers/images)

Driver

Seriously, this is hardcore spoiler territory. I couldn't resist it, but wish I had.

Obviously, it isn't verified, but it's free of fan wankery so it feels legit to me. The image looks legit-- but with photoshop, who can really say.

If it is real, I'm cool with it.

[JAKKU, EXT, DAY]

(Still shot) A TIE FIGHTER enters, spinning and crashes
FINN panting, extended shot from first teaser where camera circles around to reveal burning TIE FIGHTER
REY asks FINN if he's one of them
FINN: (Angry) "One of them?!"
[VILLAGE, EXT, NIGHT]
[MONTAGE]
Attack by KYLO REN and the STORMTROOPERS
Villagers dying
CAPTAIN PHASMA looking at the destruction
[JAKKU, EXT, DAY]
Back to FINN going on about how they murder innocent people all in an unquenchable thirst for power
FINN: "I'm nothing like them."
[MUSIC SWELLS]
[TITLE CARD] THIS CHRISTMAS
[MILLENNIUM FALCON, INT, COCKPIT]
HAN: "I sure missed this pal."
CHEWIE Roars
FIGHTERS fire at them
HAN: "Could do without this part though."
[uNKNOWN, TEMPLE, EXT]
[uNKNOWN, TEMPLE, INT]
REY, HAN, CHEWIE, FINN, BB-8 walks as the pirate aliens all eye them
(Misunderstanding, offscreen) FINN uses the blue lightsaber to lop a pirate's arm off
HAN: "I know that blade."
[MUSIC GROWS INTENSE]
MAZ KANATA (VO) Explains it was the blade of a great warrior lost in a duel in a city in the clouds
[sNOW PLANET]
Legions of STORMTROOPERS mobilize
GENERAL HUX: "Today, the galaxy will know the might of our FIRST ORDER!"
[MONTAGE]
TIE FIGHTERS, KYLO REN kneels, CAPTAIN PHASMA nods at GENERAL HUX
MAZ KANATA (VO): "Only the owner of this weapon can stop the darkness from spreading"
FINN asks whose it was
[uNKNOWN, INT, BLUE LIT ROOM]
HAN: "Luke."
[TITLE CARD] YOU WILL RETURN
[FOREST PLANET]
REY looking up in fear
KYLO REN (VO): "Don't be afraid..."
REY turns to run and screams as KYLO REN comes out of the forest and seizes her with the FORCE
[uNKNOWN, INT, CONTROL ROOM]
FINN: (panicked, to LEIA) "There were whispers of a planet, that wasn't a planet, but a weapon"
[uNKNOWN, INT, DARK INTERROGATION ROOM]
REY suspended
KYLO REN: "You don't remember."
POE DAMERON says that the only unaccounted coordinates he collected must be where the weapon is
POE DAMERON: "We'll hit them with everything we've got."
[TITLE CARD] TO A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY
[MONTAGE]
Dogfights, crashing STAR DESTROYERS
FINN deflecting lasers
HAN and CHEWIE ducking under a structure returning fire
GENERAL HUX screaming angrily
KYLO REN unmasked and emotionless
REY smacking a GUAVIAN ENFORCER with her staff
BB-8 rolling fast from scavengers on JAKKU
MAZ KANATA in the same blue lit room
ALIEN PILOT engulfed in flames as his X-WING explodes
FINN at the turret of the MILLENNIUM FALCON struggling to hit TIE FIGHTERS
LANDERS landing on JAKKU
CAPTAIN PHASMA and FINN in a hangar
POE DAMERRON sneaking around an IMPERIAL STRUCTURE at night on JAKKU
WALKERS on SNOW PLANET
TEMPLE crumbling under green laser fire
CHEWIE angry roar at night on SNOW PLANET
KYLO REN igniting his lightsaber and FINN responding by igniting his
[FADE]
SUPREME LEADER SNOKE (VO): "There's been an awakening."
[uNKNOWN, EXT, NIGHT]
(Long shot) A few red and purple lightsabers lit afar as something burns on the middle
A green lightsaber ignites up close illuminating a hooded figure of the owner.
SUPREME LEADER SNOKE (VO): "Have you felt it?"
[TITLE CARD] STAR WARS: EPISODE VII - THE FORCE AWAKENS
post-43313-0-91720600-1444934079_thumb.jpg

Yeah, that looks legit to me. The idea of a few sabers ignited points I think to a couple possibilities

1-The rumor that TFO troopers are trained to use them

2-The Knights of Ren make an appearance

The theory that leaps to my mind is that Luke has been training Jedi in secret and Finn is undercover for Luke, not the Resistance.

yes. I feel like I've assumed all along Fin is pulled into this and at odds based on the few seconds of him being WTF in the first trailer. But all the micro-teasers and the stuff above paints a picture of him being much more confident and in the know.

BTW, the micro-teaser of Ren matches one of the shots here, which makes me think this is legit!

Recapping some of the discussion on facebook:

The image of Luke attached above has been confirmed fake - but like Driver said some of the shots match up so it looks like the description might still be on point.

I've read similar descriptions from a couple places so that could mean independent confirmation, but there's no way to know if they aren't all coming from the same initial source.

I'm sure it will be simultaneous with the MNF airing.

When the 2nd trailer debuted at Celebration it was on youtube right when/after the online stream carried it. Same deal with the behind the scenes teaser whenever that was.

(I might be getting events mixed up, but I'm pretty sure I'm generally correct)

When the 2nd trailer debuted at Celebration it was on youtube right when/after the online stream carried it. Same deal with the behind the scenes teaser whenever that was.

Which affirms my belief that I will get what I want without having to sit with a thousand smelly nerds or have to watch football.

Forbes has a great article talking about how this trailer isn't for "you" (or me, or you, or you over there, or you behind the keyboard). We're all seeing the movie regardless. They've been marketing to us for the last 2 years. Now it's time for the casual and disinterested parties to get involved in the hype.

100%

They know fans will go no matter what. The know jilted EU lovers will go even if they hate it. Full on haters will go so they can bitch about it. Anyone born between 1975 and 2005 will be interested.

Got to get to those few holdouts to crush every record ever.

This time the Titanic is going down.

(see what I did there)

yes. I feel like I've assumed all along Fin is pulled into this and at odds based on the few seconds of him being WTF in the first trailer. But all the micro-teasers and the stuff above paints a picture of him being much more confident and in the know.

BTW, the micro-teaser of Ren matches one of the shots here, which makes me think this is legit!

The thought that Fin is in fact an already trained Jedi working for Luke undercover is one of those ideas that once you hear it you think is completely awesome and you can't possibly imagine any other possibility.

Just imagine all movie Fin is just kinda going along, acting "dumb". At the end Kylo Ren ignites his saber to finish off this group who has been a thorn in his side for a while now. Finn then ignites it and Ren maybe even says something disparaging about how having a saber but being untrained really means nothing. The Finn all of sudden is like "yeah, Im trained MFer!!!"

Yeah I think you're spot on there, as far as imagining that to be the case and then can't get it out of your head.

I also like it because it gives Luke a pretty badass role, which is what I'm hoping for.

I think Finn having the lightsaber in the poster, maybe points to something along those lines. If it were a one-off scene where he uses the saber in a last ditch effort to save his own skin, it wouldn't be on the poster - would it?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.