Nightly Politicians

Burt

Ever considered running for public office?

Personally, I'm positive I would hate it, but at the same time I am shocked by the gross incompetence in my state legislature. Some of those state reps, I KNOW I could do better. No question. Which given my complete lack of political experience is really sad to say.

On a national scale, a glance at the current Republican party....I mean, how did these people get elected? It seems like any lawyer in a suit can make it with the right campaign donors.

i would never run for office not that id have a chance of winning dogcatcher if i did

in my experience there is a bell curve with local politicians just as with any field

the crap the bad the ok the good and the great

most fall between ok and good

the biggest problem is you tend to remember the crappiest ones the most while the great ones quickly and inevitably move on to bigger and better things

that skews the curve downward a bit and also leaves a big pool of mediocre people who just stick around because they can

It used to be a very serious aspiration of mine. Not so much anymore. There are a million other things I'd rather do with my time than focus on that as an end goal.

I'd run for school board. In fact, I came pretty close to that a couple years ago because ours was in such disarray. I even went as far as speaking with the teachers union and securing an "endorsement." Ended up and did not however.

I honestly have been putting in some serious thought into running for public office in my local area. I'm likely not going to because I'm left-leaning in a deeply conservative area, plus the effort of having to go through the local Democratic office is probably more hassle than it's worth.

So yeah, I want to, but I realize it would more or less be a showboating effort that would inevitably be pointless.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.