The Walking Dead Season 6

Lucas1138

ALSO-I'm a couple episodes behind, but why did this entire group just sell their collective soul to become mercenaries for the ****ing Hilltop? Yeah; food, but is anyone starving yet? YEARS of being careful, keeping humanity intact and they just take the word of a group they don't even know and just go slaughtering sleeping, possibly innocent people, en masse? WTF did I miss??

Sorry Denise went out too. You'd think they'd do more to protect their only town medic.

Some genuine funny moments this week as well. I laughed out loud when Eugene called 'dibbs' but it was kind of ruined when he went all creepy on Abraham. But then they had quite a touching scene at the end when Abraham apologised when he didn't need to.

I laughed when Denise said she puked on her glasses too. Comic relief though it became.

Walking Dead has been killing it lately. (Excuse the pun). Most shows lose me by the 5th season, but aside from a few wobbles in season 4 and 5 this show has got it's hooks firmly in me still. I would've thought the writers would run out of ideas by now.

Not that Bumbed by Denise's demise, because how it happened was so well timed and executed. Came as a shock. Right when you think the show is gonna get a feel good cheesey moment

I have really mixed emotions about the last 3 episodes.

On one hand, they have been really good and entertaining.

On the other, I am not sure I like what they are doing with Carol. I mean, I think it's totally legit to let her start being tormented by PTSD and a dread of what she has become, but I don't like the speed at which it is happening or necessarily the way it is happening.

I do realize that we had a few months of normalcy pass in Alexandria, allowing her to shed her fight-or-flight mindset to some extent, but it's still not workin' for me yet.

It's been very entertaining to me. I'm totally loving whatever twisted bromance Daddy/son-student teacher thing Abraham and

Eugene have going on.

Eugene has some dental grip skills.

What IS it with everyone's right eye lately? Is that some sort of filmmaker inside thing?

Denise was too stupid to live. After the Alexandria population learning they were ill-prepared for the outside world in the most deadly ways imaginable, she's forcing her sloppy ass on a med-run? Please. Write a freaking list. I'm sure Rosita and Daryl would be able follow it--or how about just grabbing everything from the shelves, then sort it out once back at the ASZ?

Nope. In typical WD fashion, she has a need to step up, make some big speech, then bite it.

Oh well, she will be forgotten to the characters as quickly as Jessie, Sam, Bob....

Fans are on death watch, but I wonder if anyone not named Grimes dying will actually change the course of the series. For example, contrary to a certain fanbase, I just do not see Daryl being killed will change much.

So, thoughts on who Negan's first major kill will be tonight?

Maybe I'm wrong but my money's on Rick. Ten reasons why this would work:

1. Odds are tonight's victim will be one of the happy-couple members, and that's how TV romance goes these days

2. Killing another woman this soon after Denise will bring down the wrath of the internet upon them

3. Killing Glenn is boringly close to the comics and I feel like this is another great opportunity to upset comics fans

4. Killing Daryl would bring down the wrath of all Planet Earth upon them

5. Killing Abraham would just be boring

6. There IS no number 6

7. Carl just had his eye shot out and still hasn't gotten anywhere with Enid, so he needs more time

8. Rick has been such a huge cheerleader about Our Heroes' invincibility, and that kind of bigmouth talk is just begging for ironic death

9. There's not much left new to do with Rick -- Semblance of True Happiness was just about the only unchecked box on the emotion checklist after six seasons, and Michonne's given him that for a few minutes now, so he's basically done with nowhere left to go except to regress to one of his previous been-there states

10. Killing Rick would leave Abraham, Eugene, and Carl as the only straight white males on the team and would bring down the wrath of parts of the internet I don't really care about, so bring it on.

Less than eight hours to go!

So, thoughts on who Negan's first major kill will be tonight?

Maybe I'm wrong but my money's on Rick. Ten reasons why this would work:

1. Odds are tonight's victim will be one of the happy-couple members, and that's how TV romance goes these days

2. Killing another woman this soon after Denise will bring down the wrath of the internet upon them

3. Killing Glenn is boringly close to the comics and I feel like this is another great opportunity to upset comics fans

4. Killing Daryl would bring down the wrath of all Planet Earth upon them

5. Killing Abraham would just be boring

6. There IS no number 6

7. Carl just had his eye shot out and still hasn't gotten anywhere with Enid, so he needs more time

8. Rick has been such a huge cheerleader about Our Heroes' invincibility, and that kind of bigmouth talk is just begging for ironic death

9. There's not much left new to do with Rick -- Semblance of True Happiness was just about the only unchecked box on the emotion checklist after six seasons, and Michonne's given him that for a few minutes now, so he's basically done with nowhere left to go except to regress to one of his previous been-there states

10. Killing Rick would leave Abraham, Eugene, and Carl as the only straight white males on the team and would bring down the wrath of parts of the internet I don't really care about, so bring it on.

Less than eight hours to go!

Now that the finale has aired, i'll tackle your list...

1. I've thought Michonne will die, as it not only robs Rick of the only real love he's known since Lori, but her death would also devastate her surrogate son Carl.

2. Screw the internet; if the Social Justice Warriors bitched about that (and you just know its always that crowd turning nothing into something). Making drama counts, damn it!

3.HA!! After no less than two "Glenn's gonna die" fake outs this season, his dying now would mean nothing. That, and the director played up Glenn too much in the line-up scene, so yeah, it would be boring for Glenn to go.

4.Daryl. Everyone in the known galaxy has been predicting Dixon's death, for the reason that he's not had much of a purpose this season, so he's ready to die like a hero--assuming there's a flashback showing him making a last stand. Still, after 6 years,I doubt AMC is secure enough to take The Walking Dead forward without Norman Reedus.

5.Agreed...but 6B's projecting of Abraham seeking love, family, and all that good stuff was yelling "He's too happy--time to die" from the rooftops. That, and showing his true feelings for Eugene is exactly the kind of "big character" moments TWD uses before bumping off characters (see: Beth, Hershel, Dale, et al.).

...yeah, but it could be misdirection too! :D

6. Okay....

7. Agreed, and besides, he's the Original Robin the Boy Wonder, and cannot not die (sorry, Monkeygirl). He's one of the representatives of any hope for civilization (being the longest-lived child in WD history). ..and again, he's the Original Robin. He's damn near untouchable.

8. & 9. The problem with Rick dying is that the writing has failed to build up any of the supporting cast to take over as the leader of the gang. They all have moments of being a badass, or giving some hopeful speech, but none have been shaped into a leadership position in the event Rick dies.

10.I think you're forgetting Daryl.

I just hope it isn't Aaron. As soon as I saw him coming with them on the trek, I thought for sure that they were bringing him along as the token redshirt, but one we are at least familiar with. It would still be a very cheap way out, though.

The thing that bothers me more about the cliffhanger than them just leaving it dangling is that, with the season break, we will almost certainly have a good idea about who is not coming back to the show next year due to production related issues. This type of cliffhanger would perhaps be at least somewhat easier to keep a lid on during a break if it happened at mid-season rather than at the end. Also, while my stomach is glad to have not witnessed Negan's attack, I am surprised they held back on showing it. I guess they will just start with it in the season premiere? :shrug:

I otherwise enjoyed the episode, though.

I don't mind cliffhangers, but don't like how this one was handled.

With 1.5 Glenn fakeouts, Coral just pulling through (again!), Daryl and Caryl getting shot, I felt it was just too damn much torment and teasing for one season. Instead of being OMG FREAKED OUT EXCITED for season 7, I'm just tired and hope the death -- whoever it is -- is resolved immediately in the opener.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.