The Walking Dead Season 6

Lucas1138

By now, how much real danger can our principles really ever be in? At this point, everyone (except for the Alexandrians) are well-practiced survivors. Very few things can be a legitimate threat to them.

I found myself agreeing with Morgan. There are few enough people left in the world that killing them as a first resort is a losing proposition for the human species at large. Morgan only kills as a last resort. That attitude will put him at odds with Rick.

I agree that killing as a first resort is not wise, but in the case of predators such as the Terminus cannibals, the so-named claimers, or the Wolves, it is a kill or be killed situation. Morgan--after having his life repeatedly threatened by the Wolves (not to mention watching them murder the townsfolk) still lets them run away. There is no sense in that at all, since his philiospohy of letting enemies live returned to nearly take his life.

Perhaps he's a changed man, as I see the shot of Morgan and Carol walking past each other (after the Wolves ran off) almost suggestive of personality transference: he's now sort of bitter that his peaceful way was proven wrong, while Carol's deadly approach to dealing with threats (in place since season 4) has been ripped apart by the loss of people she was warming up to.

By now, how much real danger can our principles really ever be in? At this point, everyone (except for the Alexandrians) are well-practiced survivors. Very few things can be a legitimate threat to them.

With such a large cast accumulated, I went into this season figuring there'd be a major culling sooner or later. Based on this week's 100-nobody massacre, it looks like I was too quick to assume.

TWD is never ambiguous about a main character's death. Carol was missing for several episodes in season 3, as I recall, and was assumed dead. She was found by Daryl, though. Whereas T-Dog was explicitly shown being killed by the walkers. Same for Noah, Merle, Hershel, etc. The most ambiguous death to date was Lori's, since some people did not immediately accept that the Carl actually prevented her reanimation.

I think there's a substantial, non-zero, chance that he's still alive.

Either way I'll be disappointed. Given the statements after the show, there is obviously something more planned for the character. If he's dead dead, I'll be disappointed because he really grew on me over time, and will be missed. If, on the off-chance he somehow, absurdly managed to survive becoming walker chow, I'll be disappointed because it feels cheap. Even in a zombie apocalypse there are events that can make it hard to suspend disbelief!

TWD is never ambiguous about a main character's death. Carol was missing for several episodes in season 3, as I recall, and was assumed dead. She was found by Daryl, though. Whereas T-Dog was explicitly shown being killed by the walkers. Same for Noah, Merle, Hershel, etc. The most ambiguous death to date was Lori's, since some people did not immediately accept that the Carl actually prevented her reanimation.

I sense one of three outcomes:

1. Glenn flashback where he escapes the walker pile--but he's wounded, so the show will drag out his dying, possibly allowing him to reunite with Maggie before the end.
  2. Glenn was killed as some assume, but Maggie (believed to be pregnant) will not be able to hld on and go the suicide route.
  3. Glenn escapes--but falls into the hands of an enemy force. In fact, there's a BTS photo floating around that suggests he runs into a comic character not yet introduced. the series.

By now, how much real danger can our principles really ever be in?

ASK AGAIN NOW

I don't know-- those were intestines coming from just below him. Don't see how it could be other dude's intestines while he's on top of Glenn.

I'm super conflicted. If it is a fake-out, it's a pretty cheap one. And I don't know if there's any way I can buy an escape from that when so many have gone under with better odds. I feel like he has to be dead.

That said-- Glenn is the heart of the show, and I don't know if I'll like it without him.

I ALMOST dropped the comic when he died.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Look again guys....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjsiS1tD4tQ

notice how Glenn and suicide boy fall together, and as soon as the biters begin to chow down, everything is in a tight shot. No wide angles to definitively show it is Glenn's guts at all.

My money is on Glenn being shielded just long enough by Nicolas's body, until help arrives. I think we will see Glenn is rescued in the Nick of time (Ha! see what I did there! Pun intended :) ) before the walkers actually eat him. This show is famous for backtracking on scenes like this and filling in missing details.

As to who actually rescues Glenn....might be the wolves. I'd say it's likely, and if so, there may be a good chance that Glenn will meet his end after all, at the end of a Louisville Slugger. In other words, this is a scene designed to put Glenn in a situation for his real death.

I'm familiar with all the primary plot lines in the comics. I know there is real danger in the story. Main characters die all the time. They shouldn't go out too easily though, and not by stupid mistakes created for plot purposes that go against established character traits.

As for Glenn, there are shots of him from season trailers that haven't appeared in any episode yet, as well behind-the-scenes stuff, which suggests Glenn isn't dead yet. They might be cut scenes, or flashbacks, but until a definitive death for Glenn is established, I'll wager that he's alive yet, and dumb ol' Nicholas is being made a meal of.

Recently Glenn had to watch Noah be consumed right in front of him, but behind a pane of glass. Now Nicholas is being eaten while on top of him. What's Glenn's breaking point?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.