The Walking Dead Season 6

Lucas1138

So far: yep! Even without circling back around to the Wolves yet.

I liked the question they kept addressing from different angles: can people who were once on opposite sides truly learn to work together? Glenn/Nicholas have become mentor/student; Rick/Morgan are kind of at an uneasy alliance; Rick/Carter were hard-won allies for about ten seconds; for Rick/Jessie right now it's "how DARE you"; for anyone/Father Gabriel it's all "HAHAHAHAHA NO"; and I loved how Maggie/Tara became the exemplars of the theme. Looks to be an interesting season.

That being said: if Rick survives to see season 7, I'll be disappointed. We've already seen him on the Dark Side, and we've already seen him come back from it. If he's just on a path to the Even Darker Than Dark Side, I don't see how he comes back from that in any redemptive, interesting, non-redundant way.

Not meaning this as an insult, but it really didn't seem that complicated to me.

Ginormous herd of walkers not far off from Alexandria that can overrun the town if (when) the blockade breaks and an operation to have a "walker drive," taking them 20 miles in the opposite direction from the safe-zone, keeping it from being overrun

Interspersed with flashbacks to events leading to the walker roundup that bring us up to speed on the relationships between the characters.

I'm particularly interested in what happens with Glenn and Nicholas... will Glenn's propensity for "one more chance" finally bite him in the ass, or will (IMO more likely) Nicholas end up sacrificing himself nobly, saving Glenn and/or the group?

Guest El Chalupacabra

That being said: if Rick survives to see season 7, I'll be disappointed. We've already seen him on the Dark Side, and we've already seen him come back from it. If he's just on a path to the Even Darker Than Dark Side, I don't see how he comes back from that in any redemptive, interesting, non-redundant way.

I'm particularly interested in what happens with Glenn and Nicholas... will Glenn's propensity for "one more chance" finally bite him in the ass, or will (IMO more likely) Nicholas end up sacrificing himself nobly, saving Glenn and/or the group?

Actually I am thinking I will be surprised if Glenn makes it to season 7, and I think Morgan will nobly sacrifice himself for Rick and/or Karl, thus bringing Rick back from the darker than dark side.

I mean I understand they were leading them away but I just don't think the plan makes all that much sense.

1. Let massive horde free

2. Lead massive horde a relatively short distance away

3. ???

4. Safety!

Yeah, one of the reviews today was like (I paraphrase) "As a desperate Plan B, it makes sense, but why didn't they just try fire, picking them off one by one, etc. first?"

I get that Alexandria was "in the path" of the walkers should they bust free, but with a horde that large, I don't see how a few more miles makes things sooo much safer. We already saw how much ground a horde can cover in season 2, right?

I don't think fire would've wiped out all or even most of the walkers in the quarry. I doubt Alexandria has enough ammunition to destroy all of the herd, either. I can see the advantage of leading them away. It was working, too. They were going to lead the herd 20 more miles away. By then they'd become someone else's problem.

Yeah, one of the reviews today was like (I paraphrase) "As a desperate Plan B, it makes sense, but why didn't they just try fire, picking them off one by one, etc. first?"

Someone's been watching way too much Lord of the Rings.

I get that Alexandria was "in the path" of the walkers should they bust free, but with a horde that large, I don't see how a few more miles makes things sooo much safer. We already saw how much ground a horde can cover in season 2, right?

I assume Our Heroes are leading them to some as-yet-unrevealed final, fatal destination that will blow our minds when we see it, rather than just losing them in a dark forest like a bunch of unwanted puppies.

Rick doesn't want to destroy Alexandria, he wants to run it. And rightly so, since the denizens are clueless about life outside the walls.

I doubt the siren is from Alexandria. What if the Wolves are using it to lure the walkers to Alexandria? Perhaps all the preparations were watched and the Wolves are looking to strike now!

Not really related, but...

One thing I've always wondered - Remember back in season 1 when Rick/Glenn smothered zombie guts all over themselves to make them "invisible" to the zombies? (and along the same line with Michonne and her keeping the "de-clawed" zombies on a leash). Why is that tactic not used at every turn? Whenever the heroes go out on a mission like this. Aside from that making crappy television, why not?

The zombie guts disguise works temporarily. I wouldn't want to be in a herd of walkers even if I did smell like them, though. It doesn't really prevent them from injuring you. Even back in season 1, when Glenn and Rick used the trick, there were some walkers that were eyeing them suspiciously. The most effective way to imitate a walker is to basically be a walker.

Not really related, but...

One thing I've always wondered - Remember back in season 1 when Rick/Glenn smothered zombie guts all over themselves to make them "invisible" to the zombies? (and along the same line with Michonne and her keeping the "de-clawed" zombies on a leash). Why is that tactic not used at every turn? Whenever the heroes go out on a mission like this. Aside from that making crappy television, why not?

Because it's gross! :p

But! In the comic, they have come across a group of people who use a similar tactic. They dress up in Walker skins so that they can walk among them without worry.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.