Heroes!

CoLA

The series returned last week and yet no thread?! I just watched it last night, BTW...
It picks up where the last seres left off, everyone in the world now knows about all those darn dirty muties evos and they don't like 'em! The serie starts at what is supposed to be a peaceful get together between humans and evos but everyone ends up getting asploded by a bomb. Somehow, Bennet the glasses dude survives and his daughter, you know the one with the healing power, apparently does not! <_<

It follows various characters from there. Bennet finds out while working with a conspiracy guy that he made himself forget something important! A high school kid with the power to teleport people and things away tries to keep his powers on the downlow but of course others find out!

There are two people going around murdering evos! There is a girl in Japan who has the power to enter a MMO that her dad made and yes, those scenes are in cheesy CGI!

From the coming previews, we will be seeing a few other characters return, like Mohinder, Matt and Hiro!

The series returned last week and yet no thread?! I just watched it last night, BTW...

It picks up where the last seres left off, everyone in the world now knows about all those darn dirty muties evos and they don't like 'em! The serie starts at what is supposed to be a peaceful get together between humans and evos but everyone ends up getting asploded by a bomb. Somehow, Bennet the glasses dude survives and his daughter, you know the one with the healing power, apparently does not! <_<

It follows various characters from there. Bennet finds out while working with a conspiracy guy that he made himself forget something important! A high school kid with the power to teleport people and things away tries to keep his powers on the downlow but of course others find out!

There are two people going around murdering evos! There is a girl in Japan who has the power to enter a MMO that her dad made and yes, those scenes are in cheesy CGI!

From the coming previews, we will be seeing a few other characters return, like Mohinder, Matt and Hiro!

!!!

Just watched it.

When it ended, I was not confused, frustrated, or bored out of my mind, so it is already far better than seasons 2-4!

Unfortunately, it's looking a lot like (the charming, but uneven and overrated) Season 1, in that there are way too many characters and threads to follow and some nebulous inevitable "bad thing" that's gonna happen that doesn't really seem that interesting or scary.

Now, I was OK with this in Season 1, because:

• Characters were more interesting and likable than in HR (so far, at least)
  • It made me hope for a truly amazing season 2, where the series matures and tightens up.

I'm a lot less OK with this in HR, because why watch something that appears intent on making the same mistakes again and again?

Fear the Walking Dead started out like HR as merely "worth watching" (I gave it a B-), but it had hooks so I came back, and it has rewarded me by consistently improving with each episode.

I'm not sure I'll be back for HR -- if viewer and critical consensus is that it's getting better and going somewhere, I'll definitely give it a chance, but I just wasn't impressed enough to hop on board just yet.

• 3 months later...

So does trainwreck describe this series' quick demise?

I had no interest in investing time past the premiere, cause it looked like it was just making the same mistakes that pushed me away the first time. But if any of you guys watched it, was it at least better than seasons 2+ of the original run?

No, it's been pretty lackluster. That's why I haven't bothered to post in the thread anymore. :p

I have been watching it but it's been really boring for the most part. No surprise that it's been canned. It felt like they were just rehashing the first season of the original. Except now it's "Oh the world's ending, let's all go eleventy million years in the future to save a few dozen of us!"

And wow, they managed to make Matt even more of a douchebag that he was in the first series! I just find it weird that pretty much everyone in the world hates Evos on sight. C'mon, there would be supporters out there, it's not like every one of them has some supernuke ability. Most of their powers aren't that impressive that they would be much of a danger.

I haven't seen Heroes since season two aired, and maybe 10 minutes of this series. Do comic books exist in that universe? If so, impossible to believe there are no supporters/fans. If not, that's stupid and there should be comics.

Thought: didn't Hiro have a comic?

There are definitely comics in the show dating back to season 1. Hiro appeared in a book called 9th Wonders that was written and drawn by one of the other evos on the show. The comic has also appeared this season featuring some of the characters in it. I am not sure how it is supposed to work still since the guy who wrote it is long since dead and I seem to remember that he was working on a lot of the first season stuff just before it happened.

I don't think the writers know how it still works either, much like pretty much everything else on the show dating back to the start of the first episode.

At least the cliffhanger was weak enough that it didn't really make me think I am missing out on something interesting happening next. Even though they unsurprisingly dropped the ball with the finale overall, they did at least wrap up the story arcs for most of the major characters. The cliffhanger with the twins alongside showing that el vengador and company were going to continue being vigilantes felt more like just showing that these characters will still be doing things, just not necessarily anything particularly interesting.

I just had a thought about the ending yesterday...this episode confirms that Peter left the Irish girl in season 2 of the original show to die since he never went back to get her and the future they went to never happened. :p

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.