OMG! The Pope is here! The POPE!

Ms. Spam

My sister-in-law and her friends are convinced that the Pope said that the notion of God is outdated, because they saw an Internet meme.

Which just goes to prove that some people really are stupid.

omg am i the only person in america who doesnt have popeamania

No, you are not.

It is always such a sideshow to see certain "reporters" speak of him as if he's Jesus--not a representative of ideas, etc., but Jesus. With some, you can tell they love the image of the pope, and handcuff that with the level of their gasping, starry-eyed love-speech about him. Then you have the self-professed Catholics who speak as if all Americans and/or Christians are hanging on the pope's every word.

Guest El Chalupacabra

omg am i the only person in america who doesnt have popeamania

No, you are not.

It is always such a sideshow to see certain "reporters" speak of him as if he's Jesus--not a representative of ideas, etc., but Jesus. With some, you can tell they love the image of the pope, and handcuff that with the level of their gasping, starry-eyed love-speech about him. Then you have the self-professed Catholics who speak as if all Americans and/or Christians are hanging on the pope's every word.

Well, to be fair the Pope IS the Vicar of Christ, in that the Pope is the successor of Peter, whom Christ himself made his vicar. Some take it more literally than others, I suppose.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.