WHY would you ruin this song?

monkeygirl

I think her cover is a... fair representation of the overall meaning of the song, which to me is "home sucks, so screw it I'm going to get high", which she captures extremely well. I can really FEEL her version, which has a different tone, but remains true enough to the original. That's all I ask for from covers in general...so you would think I like it. Except I don't. I hate it. Paradox.

Too emo. Go ahead and do drugs lady, just go do it somewhere else becsuse you're depressing me. I'd rather hang out and get blitzed with my boys Blue Oyster Cult thank you.

Any version of Last Christmas bothers me.

If you aren't George Michael and Friend back in the 80's, you should stay away.

There is NO WAY, no matter what you tell him, or proof you may have, that my son will believe you if you say his best friend Brandon didn't invent "last Christmas, I gave you my fart"

Any version of Last Christmas bothers me.

If you aren't George Michael and Friend back in the 80's, you should stay away.

There is NO WAY, no matter what you tell him, or proof you may have, that my son will believe you if you say his best friend Brandon didn't invent "last Christmas, I gave you my fart"

Why are you knocking Brandon's creativity and originality? Sounds like someone's jealous.

Yesterday evening as I was walking my dog, a lady in an early 1970s Dodge Charger pulled up to the stop sign next to us. The opening bars of "Burnin' for You" soared above the rumble of that 426 Hemi as dog and I navigated our way through the clouds of skunk billowing from the car, and I couldn't help but think "This -- THIS -- is what life is really about, man. F*ck Lisa Marie Presley."

Yesterday evening as I was walking my dog, a lady in an early 1970s Dodge Charger pulled up to the stop sign next to us. The opening bars of "Burnin' for You" soared above the rumble of that 426 Hemi as dog and I navigated our way through the clouds of skunk billowing from the car, and I couldn't help but think "This -- THIS -- is what life is really about, man. F*ck Lisa Marie Presley."

Sounds like a scene from Joe Dirt.

Sounds like a scene from Joe Dirt.

I wish! Sadly, I live in hipstertopia, so the noisy "metal car" was most likely routine done for the sake of irony and collecting images to post on social media later. Not that I want to gatekeep BOC, but I have my suspicions. Come on, don't make me think about it too much, man. I just want to enjoy that moment!

You know sometimes the Muzak "covers" that they do to get around some copywrite laws are pretty bad. Like you're in the grocery store looking for a bag of cat food and some late night snack munchies and you sorta recognize the song but not quite because the sung words aren't from the one voice you're used to and it's musically toned down for crappy grocery store speakers. Those suck.

The covers in general that I've heard have been pretty great but I know some good musicians.

I actually sang a good cover of a Patty Griffith song once.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.