College Football 2015

The Choc

2006 is up there I would think (or 2007? one of those years... though truthfully I can't remember a single thing about those defenses)

Ohio State and Bama looked realllllly good.

IU found itself in a dogfight against Souther Illinois lol. Whatever, they have tons of offense. Losing games scoring a ton of points is much more fun than losing games and being offensively inept.

The 2005 team was the best Weiss team, that was the year they lost to USC on the Bush Push. That team was based on a few very good college players. Basically Brady Quinn, Jeff Samardjza and whoever the TE was. The rest of the team was just pretty good. This team has talent at every position and probably a minimum of 3 top 10 draft picks, maybe more.

Darius Walker at running back, too, he was very solid. 2005 had Samardjza/Stovall/Fasano ... 2006 had McKnight and Carlson. Some decent offenses there. I really like the one safety, too...*googles*... Zbikowski! Liked him. Terrible Colt. Great Irish player.

Anyway, we've heard about the amount of talent on ND's roster for a few of the last several years, would like to really see that rise to the top. This is the least knowledgeable about a Notre Dame team I've been since I started paying attention back in 2005.

ND was 6-0 last year and did get jobbed against FSU. They had brutal injuries on defense down the stretch. They shoulda held up better than they did, but they did start over 20 different guys last year on D. The one good thing is that it gets alot of guys experienced. So now they have over 200 games of starting experience on defense.

They should be decent favorites in all their games, other than Clemson and USC. If they can split those 2 games, they will probably make the playoffs.

Also, I said it is their most talented team since Holtz. Didn't say it was their best. That's yet to be seen. That 2005 team was their best team. They lost by 3 in OT to Michigan State. Lost by 3 to USC in that classic game. They did lose by 14 to OSU in the Bowl game but that was actually a fairly close game. Irish were down 7 late in the 4th.

The Irish looked good today, barring for about a 30 second stretch in the fourth. The QB went 21 for 30. Fuller looks like a star still. Prosise had another huge game. Jaylon Smith is all over the field. They got a gimme against UMASS next week then starts a stretch with at Clemson and home USC in 3 weeks. Season will be decided right there.

1990, they said - when I was all of several weeks old.

I'm excited. It's obviously a soft 4-0, but dammit wins are what matters at this point. At this point with the program, I'd rather be a soft 4-0 than what Purdue is doing (scheduling AT Marshall, Virginia Tech... that's setting a bad team up for failure). IU's Big Ten schedule is so soft, too. The only automatic losses are Ohio State and MIchigan State... after that, there are wins there.

@ Penn State

vs Rutgers

vs Iowa

vs Michigan

@ Maryland

@ Purdue

Just go 3-3 out of that group. C'mon!

Honestly, I don't even like ND playing UMASS. It's a joke. What pride do you get from beating schools who don't even really compete on the same level as you. May as well go down and challenge nuns to play. There is no point to it. It's like saying having an adult softball team, doing awful in your league. Then you go and play a bunch of 6 year old girls and beat them and say "wow, we won!"

Purdue is actually trying to be a good football team and play good football teams. Lately they aren't doing a good job of it but their ambition is to be a top 25 team. They were a good team under Tiller for a long time.

Did he? Or have they just beaten teams that weren't that much better or worse than them?

There are a lot of teams out there that aren't as good as the hype surrounding them. Was Ole Miss ever as good as a #3 ranked team? No. But they are in the SEC and the Gators are going to celebrate like they are better than they are. (Not that they shouldn't)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.