Lucas1138

I think the last episode actually gave a shred of credence to that theory. Those dragons don't exactly take a liking to just anybody.

Agreed, though Tyrion's exchange with Missandei provides a convenient alternate explanation, as well. It could still go either way.

In the books, Barristan was obviously holding back with Daenerys when discussing Aerys and Joanna, so GRRM is teasing us bigtime if Tyrion isn't Madking Spawn. Smart money's on it, IMO.

Potential show spoilers regarding cast below.

According to Wikipedia, Osha, Rickon and Thoros of Myr will all be back this season... then again, Shae is listed too, so I don't know.

Drogo may be making an appearance as well. My guess would be flashback scenes -- maybe tied to Bran?

BTW, as to the underwhelming return of Jon Snow, here's how I would have handled it:

• Bran's visions begin in the first episode and are featured more prominently.
  • Jon's body pretty much does as it did. Really no need for a change in storyline there up until the end.
  • Bran goes through the history of the Robert's Rebellion, getting all he needs, and I'm sure gaining some disillusionment about his father.
  • Melisandre attempts to revive Jon and seemingly fails.
  • They take Jon's body to the pyre for burning and set it on fire that night.
  • Bran's flashbacks reach their conclusion and Jon is revealed as the son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark.
  • As the fire touches him, Jon's eyes open. Echoing Daenerys's rebirth, Jon walks out of the consumed pyre untouched by the flames.
  • The Night's Watch and the wildlings effectively have their jaws drop to the floor.
  • Melisandre makes note that he was reborn amidst salt (tears from his friends) and smoke.
  • Crane shot of naked Jon standing in front of everyone, all illuminated by the fire burning behind him.
  • Cut to credits.

Would that have been better than the most telegraphed surprise eye opener ever? Maybe it would have taken an extra episode to get to, but I think it would have been worth it.

That's not bad but I don't think the problem was execution. I think it was the 10 month wait. Nobody believed he was going to stay dead and all the lying in the world wasn't going to change that. So with 10 months to dwell on it and speculate anything they did was going to feel underwhelming.

What they should have done was kill him in episode 9 last season and resurrect him in episode 10 at the very end. That's still a very good cliffhanger. I've been dying all week waiting to see how everyone reacts to him being back alive and what happens next and if Jon comes back wrong. That's a damned good cliffhanger and doesn't require lame assed lying and retarded secrecy for 10 months.

I'm not. fuck that traitor.

But I'm rewatching season 1 right now and HOLY CRAP that actor has aged in 6 years. He looks like 15 years older now than then.

Speaking of ... does show time match real time? Is it 6 years since the pilot episode? More? Less? No time jump between seasons 5 and 6. I think there have been in prior seasons.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.