Lucas1138

I agree it was jarring, but I say not an error as well. Timelines/storylines are incongruous. The King's Landing storyline in this episode took a day, that doesn't mean there was only a day between Dany's ships being "almost ready" according to Daario, and them setting sail for Westeros.

It did take me out of it for a split second though, which is never good.

I think the last shot of all of Dany's ships was a significant jump forward in time. Some of them had Tyrell banners on the sails, implying that the fleet had already met up with them in Dorne. They're probably just a few days out from King's Landing by the time we see it.

4. How did Varys get back from Dorne fast enough to hitch a ride back to Westeros with Dany?

People and information travel as fast as the plot needs them to these days. So it takes Sam a full season to get to the Citadel for some reason. Tyrion is fairly knowledgeable about what's going on with Stannis from across the Narrow Sea, but news of the Lord Commander's death hasn't reached the place of centralized knowledge yet. Yeah, just go with it. Sometimes the trek between King's Landing and Winterfell can be made in one episode, sometimes the characters wander for entire seasons between the two locations.

In this case, it probably is correct that there is a bit of a time jump there. And, really, crossing the Narrow Sea is not that long of a journey.

We can denigrate GRRM for taking too long to write, but at least we never have to ask questions like "Wait, where/how did she get that face?"

The show is great, I like it and I get a lot of enjoyment out of it, but I also can't wait for the "real thing." It's the little details that make it so grandiose. Here's to (constantly) hoping for a Q4 release.

Somebody died at some point, certainly. But now Arya is in the business of killing innocent serving girls to carry out her personal revenge tour? I have no problem accepting that there's a logical off-screen explanation, but that's a pretty big "off-screen" thing.

It's like I've always said. Game of Thrones is 100% of a story. You're totally fine getting the "entire" story from what happens on screen. A Song of Ice and Fire is 150% of that same story. That's not a bad thing! What you sacrifice in detail in GoT, you make up for in visuals and occasionally streamlined plots (when it's for the better, anyway).

So...where did Arya get that face?

The better question is why would she bother? The face wasn't one of the regular servers and Walder Frey's never laid eyes on Arya. So, the two reasons to put the face on (to assist infiltration and not to be recognized) are both null. The borrowed face had one single purpose: To delay the reveal of Arya to the television audience.

And who here didn't see the unknown serving girl and immediately know that Frey was about to die?

I think that's the clear implication. Arya killed an innocent girl. She probably had to in order to get into the Frey fortress. Maybe Walder didn't recognize the serving girl but whoever let her past the front gate must have.

Arya is on the path of vengeance. It's not a path heroes take. She's no longer a hero. I'm sure next season with spell this out for us.

"Gold shall be their [Cersei's children] crowns and gold their shrouds. And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you."

That's what we call a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Yup. Long since thought that about Jaime. Super excite.

Also: Dany and Tyrion talking about how she'll need to marry to produce heirs... the only legitimate option is Jon Snow, right? Even without the almost 100% confirmation that they're related, he's the only option provided on the show. It's too late in the game to introduce too many new characters, with the show obviously headed toward the climax. I mean, who else would it be, Theon? No strategic value there as he's already sworn to her, and the guy ain't got no dick, he's not making any kids!

Just his aunt, I think.

More interestingly, if he's legitimate (a whole 'nother question), his claim is better than hers. I'm willing to bet that she won't be pleased with that.

I'm also of the mind that R+L=J doesn't matter as far as the Westerosi politics go. It matters under the context that Jon is the Song of Ice and Fire and AA reborn and all that. But as far as what it means for the line of succession and who should sit on the throne, I don't think it matters at all.

Just his aunt, I think.

More interestingly, if he's legitimate (a whole 'nother question), his claim is better than hers. I'm willing to bet that she won't be pleased with that.

I'm also of the mind that R+L=J doesn't matter as far as the Westerosi politics go. It matters under the context that Jon is the Song of Ice and Fire and AA reborn and all that. But as far as what it means for the line of succession and who should sit on the throne, I don't think it matters at all.

Jon wouldn't want it anyways. My bet is that he'll see Dany and her entourage as a far better candidate for the crown than the Lannisters, and he'll continue to oversee and guard the North while she takes King's Landing and preps for the White Walkers.

I'm thinking the end game for everything is starting to sort itself out. Season 7 is about Dany taking Westeros from Cersei and then Season 8 being the final conflict of Jon and company facing off against the Night's King.

I'm down with that theory. Cersei is no longer the person he knew, he's got a resume fit for the bill, and he's eventually going to figure out that she's not the Queen needed to fight the Walkers.

Cersei's heart really isn't in this anyway. She's not so much insane as she is dead inside. Seeing her enemies burn is the only thing left that gives her pleasure now that all three of her children are gone. I would note that the show does not include a prophesy of her death.

In the end, she accepted the prophesy. She spent most of her life violently defying it, but her walk combined with her daughter's murder changed things for her. She had one more child and no matter what she did, Tommen was doomed. So, she might as well take as many people with her as she could. She went through the motions of keeping Tommen safe, but seeing his body was no surprise.

Now she's playing out the part of being Queen "for a time". For the young, more beautiful queen to cast her down and takes all she holds dear (which now would just be Jaime I suppose). It wouldn't surprise me if Cersei invited Dany in for wine before simply abdicating and then tossing herself out the window.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.