Lucas1138

If she actually goes through with what she says, and unleashes dragons and dothraki on the capital, then I will on board 100% she's no sweetie pie. Until then...I'm saying innocent until proven guilty. However, I've got a feeling she won't even GET the opportunity to raze the city to the ground when she gets there. Someone else is going to raze it before her. If that happens, she gets to keep her non-scumbag virginity, despite what she might, could, or would have done; but that is merely my opinion. I'm sure perhaps you or someone else might say her intention alone would make her scumbaggy. This is why I love this show! So much nuance.

Danny has wreaked havoc on everyone who has gotten in her way. Coincidentally, everyone who has gotten in her way has also deserved it. This has served as kind of "morality training wheels" for her, and like you said, paints the picture of a good woman. It will be interesting to see what she does to people who stand in her way when they don't deserve it. That's when the training wheels come off. IF that day comes, that is.

Good point on being innocent until proven guilty. So far she has been "justified" in her actions. For me, it just seems she's starting to lean towards aggresion first then we can talk. Kinda like a shoot first ask questions later mentality. Considering all she has been thru, I don't really blame her.

I don't think she's wrong wanting the Iron Throne, it's just her talking about burning cities that gave me a Mad King vibe. But that also might be me getting anxious for those damn dragons to do something lol and reading too much into it.

Also agree on her showing up to an already burnt Kings Landing. I guess they just keep heading North if that happens.

Overall, I have no complaints whatever way anything goes and its cool to throw around all the theories. Love this show!

Just for something to tide us over until the next episode:

1. Who is the character that you miss the most who has died?

2. Who is the character you miss the most that has disappeared for whatever reason (and you're still hoping they come back)?

3. Who would you be happy to see die or disappear?

For myself.

1. Tywin Lannister, because he was such an interesting villain. I find his type of character far more interesting than, say, Joffrey's straight-forward brutality. Even Ramsay bored me because you could pretty much always guess what he was going to do--whatever made him the most like a monster.

2. Gendry. His scenes with Arya were so much fun to watch, and he was such a genuinely nice sort of fellow. Jorah because I'm still shipping him and Dany.

3. Yara and Theon because I just don't care.

1. Barristan the Bold, because he never was able to show how awesome he was in the show. And Alliser Thorne, because as much of a shitbag as he was, he had reasons for being so, and he was also a loyal dedicated badass.

2. I honestly can't think of an answer for this. Everyone I've missed has come back this season. Maybe the Greatjon, for obnoxiousness sake?

3. Literally everyone Dorne because of how bad they've all been butchered and there will never be a show Arianne.

1. Hodor - I'll miss the big guy so much. His story was heartbreaking and I always enjoyed him in every scene he was in. His contribution was simple but enough to make you love him. Probably the bravest and most honourable person in the series.

2. Nymeria - I'm actually more excited to see Arya reunited with her Direwolf than with the Hound. The books tell us more about Nymeria's fate. It's hinted she is running round at the head of a marauding wolf pack in the riverlands(ish). I think bad ass Arya and her wolf would be a great partnership.

3. I'm all for preservation, but if I had to choose it would be the High Septon. I love everything that Jonathon Pryce does in this show but I hate the character. It's actually a testiment to how good he is as an actor that he makes me appreciate his performances so much yet still has the desired effect on me. I don't like fanatics. But as much as I can see his point of view his ends do not justify the means.

I agree Ser Barristan was cool but I disagree with the sentiment he didn't get to show how cool he was. He exhuded coolness from the moment he threw down his armour in front of Joffrey until he came to Grey Worm's rescue in his final battle.

I don't see how he is any better in the books. He was a squire for Strong Belwas for a long time.

These women are taking **** over.

We're pretty much down to Jon Snow, Littlefinger, and Euron Greyjoy (who is SOOOOO dead) as far as men go. Jaime perhaps could pull it together if needed (particularly if he still had his hand), but I doubt he has the will.

Other than those three, there aren't any men left with much power in the whole series other than those who are dedicated to a woman. The series didn't start off that way, the great powers of the early seasons were nearly all men and all have died. Ned, Robert, all the Five Kings: Joffrey, Stannis, Robb Stark, Renly, and Balon Greyjoy, Tywin, Walder Frey, Roose and Ramsay Bolton, Viserys, Khal Drogo, Oberyn and Doran Martell. Cersei just took out pretty much the rest of King's Landing. Plus Daeny's been taking down the patriarchy wherever she's gone for a few seasons now. In comparison, not many high ranking women have fallen. Basically Catelyn and now Margaery.

Jon and Euron Greyjoy obviously have no chance to come out on top. I mean, I keep waiting for Jon to stop his "You know nothing Jon Snow" stare, but damn if every closeup doesn't reveal just how deeply in over his head he is.

But one can't look past the possibility of Littlefinger emerging the victor once everyone else has been exhausted. Whatever he's been scheming for the Vale, his plans are still very much in place and one only imagines that he's still a couple steps ahead of the game up to and including the White Walkers. I suspect it's up to Sansa to stop him.

And if Sansa stops him, it's pretty much a women's world.

Ho. Ly. ****. Tommen. Arya. Jaime throwing massive amounts of shade at Walder Frey. Lady Olenna throwing shade at the Sand Snakes. Lady Mormont--best new character forever--throwing shade at the northern lords. Sansa throwing shade at Baelish (and then possibly listening to him again...?). DAMN that was good.

Questions:

1. Doesn't wildfire just keep going, consuming everything in its path? How come it burned out after taking out the Sept of Baelor?

2. Is Davos JUST finding out about Shireen? I know things have been busy, but did nobody tell him before this?

3. What exactly IS Benjen Stark now?

4. How did Varys get back from Dorne fast enough to hitch a ride back to Westeros with Dany?

Most nobody-cares moment: Bran and the weirwood. Nobody cares, Bran. Nobody cares.

I REALLY don't want him to play Sansa against Jon. A stark vs stark storyline is something I have a thorough distaste for.

Varys appearing on the ships with Dany was a stupid continuity mistake. Took us out of the moment.

I'm sad about margaery and loras, but mainly because I like looking at margaery a lot.

There's so mucj more to post about but I don't have time!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.