Lucas1138

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

OMG...I cannot wait.

Predictions for S6:

1. Jon Snow will be reignited by burning his body in his funeral pyre...because he is a Targaryen.

2. Larger role for Gendry and the Brotherhood without Banners. Long term prediction is that all major parties will burn down Westeros and the Brotherhood will pick up the pieces by default.

3. Littlefinger, Starks, and Tullys will destroy the Freys and set up a S7 confrontation with the Boltons for the North after they fend off the Lannister invasion. I see an uneasy Bolton/Greyjoy alliance emerging.

4. Something will go down with the Iron Bank. It lost money with Stannis and is unlikely to be paid back by the Lannisters. I think Denarys and Tyrion use this as leverage to cut a deal.

5. I am not quite sure how Bran fits into this, but I do believe that not only will he become very powerful, he will have also tapped into a very old, ancient power (Children of the Forest) to defend against the Others. Maybe it is revealed that The Others built the wall.

I think 1 and 4 are spot on. I agree with most of 5, with the others building the wall being possible...but what makes you think they built it?

I think the endgame with Bran is to hone this old, ancient power you mentioned to ultimately control the giant dragon flying around and not only end it's reign of terror but also combat the others with it.

I'm getting excited!

I predict it's going to be awesome

Maybe the series has gone on I'm getting super nit-picky about everything, but Brienne's entrance felt too by-the-numbers, though the fight and the pledge were pretty freakin' sweet.

I can't wait to read people complaining about how Sansa first looked to Reek/Theon before accepting Brienne.

I also was all like "Yeeeeeeeah, right..." when Jorah just happened to be standing right in front of Daenerys's ring, especially right after that supa obvious arm reveal.

The rest of the episode was just A+ amazing setup, though. So many threads are starting to come together. Can't wait for the next episode.

Maester Aemon managed to do that last season.

I don't know, hate to be a wet blanket, but I was hoping they learned from Season 5 and didn't spend quite so much time with set-up. Brienne managed to catch a Stark, which is good since she's only been chasing them since Season 2. But other than that, we've only got the naked old lady reveal from The Shining and a coup in Dorne. And when Dorne serves as one of the big things that actually happened in the episode, that's probably not a good thing (besides which, removing Alexander Siddig from the show makes me sad since he was the only one I felt had weight).

Oh, and they pretty much announced that Daenerys won't be going to Westeros anytime this season again. Best to smother that hope as soon as possible I suppose.

Anyway, here's hoping they don't wait until Episode 8 for anything to happen again this year.

I just watched the Brienne scene again.

Less bothered by her entrance... more bothered by the fact that the hounds's handlers just stood there at first, then disappeared, along with their dogs. Huh?

Obviously all were dispatched. Did they think showing one of the "good guys" killing a couple dogs (even flesh-eating ones) wouldn't go over well with the audience's sensibilities? Probably a good call, actually...

Great premiere episode. It didn't really go too far, only set up the scene for the remaining nine episodes.

The only thing that bugged me is that prolonging the inevitable seemed like a bit of a stretch. Melisandre has a vested interest in Jon, it doesn't make sense that she would only mourn him and not begin to concoct ways to resurrect him. We pretty much know it's going to happen, her self doubt and shaken faith seems like an unnecessary writing roadblock.

Yup solid first episode. The only things that bug me are nitpicking things, so not really worth the criticism. Can't wait to see the next episode. Loved Melisandre's reveal, I always liked her character and the old hag who disguises herself as a beautiful woman is a fantasy trope I have always enjoyed, even if it is cliched. I'd like to see her character have more depth and screen time. Some cool stuff could be done with her. Especially if she does ressurect Jon. She can be his Merlin, Vivienne and Morgan wrapped in one.

We're ahead of the books now though isn't it?

You're right though, it doesn't need to be the necklace doing the magic trick. I thought taking off the necklace was symbolic of her losing her faith. Maybe she always sleeps old.

At this point it doesn't matter what does or doesn't happen in the books. While they've said they're following a lot of what's supposed to happen in the Winds of Winter, they've also said they're going off in their very own direction. The show and the books are drifting further apart (see: literally everything involving Dorne) that they're not much related anymore.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.