Lucas1138

I was just going by a recent interview with Martin where he said the next book is "nowhere near" being finished. I see no reason why he'd lie.

He can't keep his own story straight. He gives a different answer every time he's asked. I'm on the ASOIAF reddit every couple of days and these things don't go unnoticed lol.

You may well be right, I just think based on previous timelines and being highly motivated to get it to coincide with a season that there's a pretty good chance TWOW comes out soon(ish). ADOS, however, is probably 45 years down the line.

That's my bet too simply because the show runners would be hyping the fuck out of the publication date to drive interest in the season premiere. Like how WB did with the last HP novel and the 4th or 5th movie, whichever one came out that year. Keeping the release a secret at this point has no upside and plenty of downside.

Shifting gears, another thing that came out of an interview I read was he once turned down a movie offer that would have just told Dany's story. Good for him. That would have been stupid.

FWIW, this isn't evidence by a any means, GRRM's editor hasn't tweeted much since his trip to NYC last month, and hasn't tweeted at all in September, both extremely unusual for her.

Again, that only means something in retrospect so I'm not saying it's evidence or anything, just something the reddit sleuths have noticed.

Watchers on the Wall are reporting that a massive battle for the next season featuring various Northern Houses and even Wildlings duking it out with the forces of House Bolton is currently being filmed in Saintfield, Northern Ireland.

But perhaps most interesting are the further reports that Kit Harington, the apparently not-so-dearly-departed Jon Snow, was on hand for filming this battle scene, hinting that not only will Snow survive in the sixth season, but perhaps even turn his back on the Night’s Watch to fight Ramsay Bolton.

*uses inhaler*

Wouldn't Snow be absolved of his vow to the Watch, if he did die and Melisandre brings him back.

The more I think about it, the more I am feeling there is no freaking way this only has two seasons left considering the glacial pace of the Essos storyline, season five in general, and bringing in minor storylines (that seem to have been scrapped) this late in the game.

I'll always have book-Stannis - who is decidedly not chumpy.

I think Melisandre revives Jon. Maybe by accident. As in, she tries to resurrect Azor Ahai via Stannis but whoops why did dead-Jon just get up?

I still prefer the path that they are likely taking in the book, with Jon warging into Ghost, but without knowing the next moves for the character it's hard to say decidedly that what they're doing instead doesn't work better for the TV show.

I don't think he'll have to. She'll probably give her life to resurrect Jon the same way Beric Dondarrion did in order to bring back

Catelyn

It'll be her last act, and one that makes her an ultimately sympathetic character. Her whole existence, as long as we've known her, has been to lead Azor Ahai against The Others and prevent the Long Night. Everything she did with Stannis is because she thought he was AA reborn and she had to in order to save the world, and that she would be by his side as she did. In the end, she'll understand how she misinterpreted the visions given to her by the Red God and that Jon is actually the 'chosen one,' and she must give her life in order to see him reborn in order to save the world from the Others.

Plus she's like, awesome. I've always had a soft spot for Mellisandre. Despite the whole, moral ambiguity/verging on evil thing. I like her witchery. It'd be good to see her character become more sympathetic to the viewer. Would mess with people's heads a bit.

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.