Lucas1138

So there's lots and lots coming out. And we're "behind" on starting the thread - as far as news coming out goes anyway.

Pilou Asbaek confirmed to play Euron Greyjoy for season 6

Some more stuff, of varying spoilery degrees (actors in filming locations, one confirmed sequence that I would classify as a spoiler, but if you're ignorant of it it won't mean anything to you..

Tower of Joy has been reported as confirmed for S6 by Watchers on the Wall - that's neat.

Nicolaj Coster-Waldau has been spotted filming in Iceland which has stood in for the Riverlands in the past - which could mean we'll be visiting his AFFC storyline.

Theon has been spotted filming in the "Iron Islands," which is an interesting departure from his ASOIAF narrative thus far.

Another rumor - Rory McCann has been spotted in Belfast (I think, I can't remember which filming location) (#CleganeBowl #GetHype)

Smalljohn Umber and the new Lord Karstark have been confirmed as well

Dickon Tarly is confirmed and it's looking more and more likely Ian McShane is playing Randyll.

I'm guessing Euron is gonna be a composite of his namesake and Victarion, and I'm guessing it's to much to ask to get Damphair.

Walder Frey will be back. Asha/Yara will be back.

Not only has McCann been spotted on/near set, so has a still long haired Kit Harrington.

Any news of Osha and Rickon?

They are filming the scene from Mercy released as a TWOW sample chapter.

re: Arya

Arya could be returning to Westeros via the theatre troupe she encounters, there have been rumors of her filming in the 'Riverlands,' or the Westerosi troupe could just be staying in Essos

Also, Richard E Grant cast in "mystery role"

http://www.ew.com/sites/default/files/styles/tout_image_612x380/public/1441723006/richard-grant.jpg?itok=Mpfahcu9

Hey this is actually pretty helpful and covers most of what's been announced/reported/rumored so far:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/robinedds/winter-is-coming-but-not-soon-enough?bftw&utm_term=4ldqpfp#.tbkMGlez2

Today is info dump day apparently:

McShane isn't Randyl or Damphair.

Via Reddit: "Everything that we possibly can know about season 6. No guarantee on spoilers here - haven't read it myself, just fyi.

Watchers on the Wall are reporting that a massive battle for the next season featuring various Northern Houses and even Wildlings duking it out with the forces of House Bolton is currently being filmed in Saintfield, Northern Ireland.

But perhaps most interesting are the further reports that Kit Harington, the apparently not-so-dearly-departed Jon Snow, was on hand for filming this battle scene, hinting that not only will Snow survive in the sixth season, but perhaps even turn his back on the Night’s Watch to fight Ramsay Bolton.

*uses inhaler*

• 2 weeks later...

I can't. Cats out of the bag. Wouldn't be able to avoid spoilers anyway, so might as well watch, regardless how close or different it'll be to the book.

I don't think I'll ever watch a show or a movie adaptation of an incomplete book series ever again, though. I don't even like starting to READ incomplete book series' because of Martin anymore.

I'm curious. Now that its more obvious the next book will not be out before the next season, who here will wait to watch until the next book comes out?

I can see it both ways.

I will try, and probably fail to read the book first.

Like Krawlie said, though, it's going to be so freakin' hard to avoid spoilers, I'll probably give up on my quest the first Monday some asshole blurts "Hey, can you believe they did [that thing] on Game of Thrones last night?!?" before I can tell them to stfu no spoilers plz.

I'm curious. Now that its more obvious the next book will not be out before the next season, who here will wait to watch until the next book comes out?

I can see it both ways.

I can see it both ways.

I remain steadfast in my belief that the book is coming out before S6 airs, or close to it. There was only about 6 weeks from announcement to release for ADWD, so we're still "plenty" within that window.

That being said, yeah I'll watch of course. It's pretty ubiquitous, would be impossible to avoid.

I was just going by a recent interview with Martin where he said the next book is "nowhere near" being finished. I see no reason why he'd lie.

I don't think he cares about the show spoiling the books because every single person who was gonna buy the books before being spoiled will still buy them after.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.