Star Wars Social Experiment

Driver

So awhile back, I made the claim that only kids and Star Wars fans liked the PT, and that the average person who has seen all the Star Wars movies but isn't a fanboy will say that the PT blows.

I don't recall who I was arguing with, but I suggested they walk down the hall at work, poke their head in on random co-workers and ask them what the thought of the prequels.

I never heard back, so I assume whoever I suggested that to did it and found out I was right.

I'd be really curious to hear what the results are if anyone would like to try this.

Also, ask them if they are excited about and/or plan to see TFA as soon as they can, or if they are equally ambivalent.

Honestly, I don't really have any friends I'd call Star Wars fans. Now most of them like the movies, but I wouldn't put that label on them. Pretty much all of them have the same opinion, they like the OT better than the PT but for the most part still like the PT. Certainly not the negativity you see online.

And they are almost all looking forward to TFA.

I asked around and everyone said... Who's Tank?

WELL THAT MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL

I asked people and I said "Tank said: Do you like the Star Wars Prequels?"

And they all said "Who's Tank??"

I said "You know... Driver, Seth??"

And they said "Never heard of him!"

I asked. But since I work from home my sampling group was my husband and son. They both liked the prequels.

Husband: I prefer the term "fanMAN" but yeah. I still like them.

Noah: Is that the one where he becomes Darth Vader? Yeah sure. Yeah sure. Yeah sure. Why not? Why not. Yeah.

I'm dreading that my grandma wants to see it. From what I've seen the directors added a LOT of gore and disturbing visuals to what I did-- which is great for the genre fans, but the necrophilia scene is really going to probably cost me some Xmas cards from my extended family.

I'm dreading that my grandma wants to see it. From what I've seen the directors added a LOT of gore and disturbing visuals to what I did-- which is great for the genre fans, but the necrophilia scene is really going to probably cost me some Xmas cards from my extended family.

Just be worried if the scene prompts them to say that you're dead to them.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.