5. 5. Ashoka is alive

6. 6. Darth Vader / Anakin will materialize in physical form

7. 7. Emperor Palpatine will return

8. 8. Finn is related to Mace Windu

9. 9. Darth Bane is part of the story

10. 10. Darth Plagueis is part of the story

• Likely
    • Unlikely

Dude seriously? None of these things are going to happen.

Yoda isn't going to be resurrected. His body was all evaporated and stuff. Luke probably breathed some of him when he was crying at his deathbed anyways. I attribute that to his sudden spike in power and his ability to tool Vader so badly. Luke inadvertently snorted Yoda's evaporating Midichloreans.

Luke and Leia may be playing on opposite sides of the fense, it's possible. But battle? Like with lightsabers? A lot would have had to change over the years story-wise for that to happen. Besides, battle should be left to people who look like they could actually stand a chance to survive a battle, and that excludes Leia.

Grace Window flew out the windu with such mace. No need to bring that boring character back for any reason at all.

Bobba Fett! I love him. But...didn't the super Mario piranha plant eat him? The EU contends he lived and they may well be right because those piranha plants have strange hit-box detection. It doesn't matter either way though! That clumsy basterd probably jet packed into a flying cheep-cheep or a bullet-bill. He won't be in the movie.

Ashoka died on Earth in the year 232 BC in India and therefore could not possibly attend the Star Wars casting call. Not in the movie.

Vader's body is unavailable for a reboot because...Luke rolled him up and...smoked him in ROTJ. Because of his enhanced mental state, Luke forgot where he left Vader's breahing apparatus after he turned it into a hookah. Can't return without that, won't be in the movie.

Palpatine's energy imploded blue all over the place, and his body exploded yellow all over the place. Nobody could survive it when that happens, so he won't be in the movie. There's just no coming back from certain things.

Just because Mace Windu was the only black man in the universe at one time in the recent past doesn't mean Finn is now...wait that one makes sense. Whatever! Won't happen because racism.

Darth Bane won't be in the movie because cat woman exploded his body in The Dark Knight Returns.

Darth Plageus was barely mentioned in a movie where he was somewhat relevant. I have no reason to believe he might be in this one. Besides Palpatine might have just made him up. He's the biggest liar in the Star Wars universe besides Obi-Wan and cannot be trusted.

So that about covers it. Why all these items are super unlikely/impossible to happen. I hope I was helpful in clarifying any misunderstandings you might have had about Star Wars to give you the idea that these poll items were likely to occur. You're Welcome.

Fett's death at the Pit of Carkoon was completely appropriate for the character. Fett was all bark, no bite. He never demonstrated any actual badassery. The fans were merely intrigued by his mystery, which stemmed purely from having no actual characterization. Fett's ongoing mystique is baffling.

Well, that's precisely the point. There's a mysterious character whom fans want to know more about, but the prequel era is off limits so much of his past is out of the question. The only way to expand upon his story (at the time) was to bring him back after Return of the Jedi. That's why it made sense to do so within the EU.

It does not make much sense to do so again within the FU for those same reasons.

Boba's stoic attitude is appealing. His armor is cool, and being as banged up as it was implies plenty of backstory badassery for the imagination. His ship is weird and looks like it shouldn't even fly, which is anomolous and interesting at the same time. He is one of like three people who commands respect in front of Vader, earning him more badass points. Unlike stormtroopers, he can actually shoot straight and sneak up on people, as he came THIS close to getting the drop on Luke and feeding him a couple blaster bolts to the face. At the time of the OT, this makes him possibly the most badass non-force user villain.

Unfortunately, Lucas knew that a rematch between Boba and Luke was inevitable in ROTJ, but couldn't figure out how to kill Boba off wiout making him look like a toolbag. My guess is he tried to preserve his status as a fan-favorite by devising some elaborate, improbable turn of misfortunate events to get the better of him instead of a straight up fight, where he would go down like dozens of skiff guards before and after him. He didn't get the desired effect, and instead got an effect similar to a cartoon character running ten feet off a cliff before falling, or piano being dropped on his head.

That scene in ROTJ kind of funny, but never seemed to fit, and didn't do the character justice. Thus the term "Boba Fetting" was born.

Conversely, Fett's scruffy-looking armor just tells me he can't afford better, implying he's a poor bounty hunter (both in skills and in finances). Vader, rather than respecting Fett, simply finds the man beneath contempt. And his stoicism isn't implying depth, but just a shallow man with no thoughts to speak of.

Nah. Just kidding. But Fett is like salt. Makes things interesting in the right proportions, but too much spoils the meal. A whole film of Fett may be too much.

I'm pretty sure I recall George being surprised Fett was brought back cause even he considered him a one off. And created Jango to cash in on Fettularity.

I'll admit to being a Boba Fett fan. He's the best character to use in Lego Star Wars games. As a kid I just thought he was awesome cause he had a jetpack and rad helmet. Space Armor was always something I liked across various genre stories and he fit that bill.

To me he always best symbolized Lucas' idea of a "used" universe. He was worn, beat up,, and you could tell he'd seen some shit.

All that said, I always firmly believed he died in the Sarlacc pit because that's what happened in the movie. And the PT thoroughly ruined him as being any sort of cool.

I'd love a Boba Fett movie so long as it took place before ROTJ and we get a glimpse of an origin story that shows us he's like the Dread Pirate Roberts where different men have assumed the identity to cash in on Mandalorian fame. Meaning-- the douche clone of Jango is dead, and the badass sounding dude from ESB is back.

This would also require re-inserting Jeremy Bulloch's voice in ESB and therefor allow for casting a realistic lead in the movie.

Boba surviving the sarlacc was George's idea, not an EU thing.

It was actually MY idea when I thought "how the hell does a guy who can fly die from falling in a hole?"

Seriously, he shouldn't have even been there. Boba was the closest thing the OT had to a henchman. He coulda been on Endor trying to assassinate Luke, or hired to protect the shield generator where Han takes him down in a "duel of the mercenaries" stylish thingy.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.