Anyone going to catch this? I was previously disinterested in any type of spinoff, but TWD has killed it the last year or so, so I'm willing to give it a try. Starts in a few minutes. I'll record and watch it later tonight or sometime soonish.

Apparently it's a pretty different show from TWD. Andy Greenwald has a review for the first episode(s), and he's always stellar, I'll link it after I watch/read.

I stopped watching TWD after that one girl did such a bad job pretending to care when that other girl got shot by that other other girl, but will give this a chance cause I liked TWD when it started!

Yeah that was dumb as hell. I threatened to give up many a time, completely idly apparently.

But still, it has been pretty awesome lately.

I liked it! It was really nice seeing the dawn of the outbreak start happening slowly, unlike most movies where they have to get through it quickly to get to the actual outbreak. It was a very different pilot than the original's was, which is a good thing. I'll be sticking around.

I stopped watching TWD after that one girl did such a bad job pretending to care when that other girl got shot by that other other girl, but will give this a chance cause I liked TWD when it started!

Yeah that was dumb as hell. I threatened to give up many a time, completely idly apparently.

But still, it has been pretty awesome lately.

I'll go back and check it out in a few weeks. Didn't storm away in disgust or anything, was just slowly losing interest, then RL forced me to miss a few weeks... and when I got my TV/Innarwebs back, remembered where I had left off, and found I had no interest in recapping.

But if the second half of the season was better, I will definitely give it a chance! It's definitely a series that has had both highs and lows.

I liked it! It was really nice seeing the dawn of the outbreak start happening slowly, unlike most movies where they have to get through it quickly to get to the actual outbreak. It was a very different pilot than the original's was, which is a good thing. I'll be sticking around.

Same. I hope they keep the unfolding of the outbreak slow paced, and will definitely be back next week!

Everyone loves to pile on the Maggie character.

Heh.

Heh.

Is there some double entendre going on there i just dont know

lauren cohan is like disturbingly attractive tho that is for sure even if she was so bad in that one scene that people play it for laughs now

to be fair i think its just one or two incidents with her i dont think people consistently pick on her for badness like they did poor andrea or like they do with poor carl but i dont follow twd chatter or reviews very closely

I like the way they're slow playing it. Every zombie flick you see just springs zombies on an unsuspecting public and panic immediately ensues. I like the fact that this outbreak is more of a gradual thing.

I like the way they're slow playing it. Every zombie flick you see just springs zombies on an unsuspecting public and panic immediately ensues. I like the fact that this outbreak is more of a gradual thing.

Yup. I like how at least as of right now, there are conspiracy theorists and people who think the zombie video was faked, etc. and really want to see how this is resolved as it becomes way too big and obvious to hide.

I wasn't jut totally blown away, and I really did not like mom and dad and junkie's reaction to the drug dealer zombie, but overall really enjoyed the opener.

Guest El Chalupacabra

How long was Rick in a coma?

I thought about a month to 6 weeks, but how much of it was after the zombie take over/ military slaughter at the hospital, I don't know. However long can the human body survive in a coma without medical assistance, food or water is probably the answer.

BTW, I didn't see the pilot. How does it rate compared to season 5 TWD?

I just looked this up in a few places. (Strangely enough, google autofill kept suggesting "How long is Rick Grimes revolver".) It doesn't seem like this was addressed directly and most people seem to be going with somewhere between 1 and 2 months. Certain aspects of the timeline, such as the CDC guy's comments at some point, seem to be problematic, but with the way this show is currently addressing the outbreak and people's views, it might tie things up.

Then again, it might completely throw wrenches into what came then, which wouldn't really be too surprising either.

I watched it. I found the pilot slow and boring, but I knew they wanted to build characters first. I just wish the characters were interesting. I would like to see the initial outbreak, the true patient zero, of the zombie apocalypse, but clearly it didn't start in LA. The knife-toting kid has already heard about reports in five other states, so it began day or weeks ago. Maybe months. Los Angeles will go downhill fast, as all the zombie outbreak models I've read (yeah, people study the zombie apocalypse in academia) predict the worst place to be is in a major metropolitan area. Of course, no model I've seen assumes reanimation without interacting with a zombie...maybe there's potential there for some fun research! :eek:

Heh.

Is there some double entendre going on there i just dont know

lauren cohan is like disturbingly attractive tho that is for sure even if she was so bad in that one scene that people play it for laughs now

to be fair i think its just one or two incidents with her i dont think people consistently pick on her for badness like they did poor andrea or like they do with poor carl but i dont follow twd chatter or reviews very closely

They pick on the character for bad writing--in other words, Maggie devoloping amnesia about her last, living relative aside from a 5.1 voice over with Daryl, and Michonne telling her about the rescue misison in 5.8. Other than that, it was Glenn, Glenn and more Glenn.

Regarding Cohan--yes, she's probably the most overall attractive featured actress on the show, with Sonequa Martin-Green a close second.

The Carl haters just suck. He's had one of the most natural character growth of the main cast. Unlike Governor Rick one day, isolationist hick Rick the next, Carl now acts as the voice of reason to his fatther, but Riggs pulls it off within his age/acting range.

All of the characters in TWD suck. I quit watching when I realized I didn't care about any of them. I'm really hoping they all get eaten in the end, Carl included.

I like the new show because it's a fresh start, one that might develop some interesting characters over time.

I watched it. I found the pilot slow and boring, but I knew they wanted to build characters first. I just wish the characters were interesting.

I'm closer to this than I am to "I loved it". There wasn't a single character that really drew me in or stood out. I'll stick with it, of course, because I have great faith in Kirkman. Also, as I kept reminding myself, I went into TWD already knowing (and often being attached to) most of the characters. Here, it's a clean slate and a different pace with a different type of story. So, I'll be patient.

Of course, knowing the characters wasn't always a sure thing with TWD, anyways. Characters I loved in the books didn't always appeal to me as much on the show. Instead, the onscreen versions invoked feelings from me that ranged from apathy (Tyreese) to annoyance (Dale) to pure hatred (Andrea). So, a clean slate is not necessarily a bad thing. Then again, new characters on TWD are just as hit or miss. I just hope that this show has it's own Daryl at some point, because I'm not sure how invested I can get in a whole group of T-Dogs.

I think it was more a way to ask "so do you believe me now?"

I liked this episode fairly well. I thought the scenes in the school were filled with pretty good tension, but the barber shop ones fell a little flat to me.

Liked the bit at the end where the mom makes the executive decision to let one neighbor butcher the other neighbor.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.