Hilarious emails

Tex

Guest El Chalupacabra

REALLY? You think there's nothing wrong with voting a person into arguably the most powerful political position on the planet because he seems like a fun dude to have a beer with?? If this is accurate, PLEASE tell me what I can do to keep you from ever voting again!

What possible difference could it make that someone's father was president? It's not as if we have a limit on family names in politics. People who use these reasons at the polls make me want to dig out my own eyes with a ****ing spork. What a WASTE!

What I am saying is that it is perfectly valid to take in consideration the likability of a candidate when you vote for them. It shouldn't be the sole reason, but why should I vote for someone if I can't stand them?

As to Bush, and political dynasties in general, if you think about it, the Bushes and their friends have been in power since at least the Nixon administration on and off, counting Cheney and Rumsfeld. And GHW Bush spent 8 years as VP (before he was chairman of the RNC, ambassador to the UN, and head of the CIA), 4 years as president, and GW 8 years as president. Also, Bill Clinton was president for 8 years, and Hillary was Sec of state from 2009-2013, and can be said to have been very influential in the Obama admin.

Now this may not bother you, but for literally all of my life, that means that 2 families have shared power at the highest of levels. I think this nation is large enough not to have to put up with political family dynasties.

And your proof of that?

She was the first student to deliver a commencement speech at Wellesley-asked to do so by her professors. She's constantly shown up as #2 in lists of the Most Influential First Ladies of the USA. She was part of the panel that impeached Nixon. She founded and co -founded a half dozen organizations in Arkansas that help kids and women, she was responsible for the Adoption and Safe Families Act, the Foster Care Independent Act and more and I[m sur you can easily Google her more recent accomplishments as easily as I could.

All well and good, and perhaps are qualifications for being a legislator, but how are these presidential level qualifications? I am talking about jobs she has done, such as Senator and Sec of state that she can point to as accomplishments that make her worthy of being president.

And that means she's not entitled to claim accomplishments while she served in this capacity??

You are taking that quote out of context and missing my point completely there. What I am saying is at the time, people had a problem with her being in an unelected position, assuming roles that she was not elected to do.

Again, you can Google as easily as I can.

If you are going to claim it, you had better cite it. Don't just say "She's been a very successful First lady, Senator and Secretary of State," without any examples as to why she is, and when someone asks for specific examples, don't simply say "google it." I pointed out she WASN'T very successful as a senator or Sec of State. If you want to refute that, then YOU should do your OWN leg work. Don't ask me to make your argument for you.

I'm pretty sure all Secretaries of State have been appointed. Why do you discount this job experience when it's not a result of a vote? What difference does that make to you?

I discount HER performance in that job, not that she was appointed to it.

I cited that as part of her job experience when you asked 'what's to like?' I like that she has much experience in different political positions-I'm not holding that up as a "special achievement"-you're the one who's insisting a candidate accomplish a "special achievement" before they're worthy of your vote. Curious: WHAT specific special achievement prompted you to vote for earlier Presidential candidates?

So...are you saying by simply holding the office (fist lady, senator, sec of state), she is therefore qualified to be president, regardless of job performance in the latter two? I don't see Hillary having done anything that stands out as either senator or Sec of State. There are a 100 senators. If all it takes is being a senator, what makes Hillary so special? As for sec of state, there's been 68 of them. Should they all have been promoted to president automatically, too?

My criteria is simple: did she do anything as either senator or sec of state that demonstrates a presidential level of leadership. Like I said earlier, she didn't do anything that demonstrated good leadership, and when it comes to scandals, she comes off as someone who simply manages them until the people and the media forget about them. It's odd that you bring the fact that she was part of the committee against Nixon, yet she has been guilty of the very things Nixon was accused of, over and over. I don't want someone like that for president.

Tex, what are you basing all of that off of?

I know there is at least one book that details Hillary Clinton's "contempt" for her help, in particular people with military backgrounds, and that's definitely been something people have whispered (or shouted) about her for years... but is there something more or is it a gut feeling on your part or what?

She's rancid. Benghazi alone. If she had any dignity she would've left Bill a long time ago, but she knew that staying with him was her best bet to make a run. Nothing about her is real. Anyone that votes for her is part of the problem.

Tex, what are you basing all of that off of?

I know there is at least one book that details Hillary Clinton's "contempt" for her help, in particular people with military backgrounds, and that's definitely been something people have whispered (or shouted) about her for years... but is there something more or is it a gut feeling on your part or what?

She's rancid. Benghazi alone. If she had any dignity she would've left Bill a long time ago, but she knew that staying with him was her best bet to make a run. Nothing about her is real. Anyone that votes for her is part of the problem.

Fair enough. Points for bluntness!

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I'm pretty sure she never gave a shit about Bill's affairs. If anything she probably loved the Monica thing because she could play the victim. It was her way of finally using one of Bill's many flings to her own advantage. Frankly I don't think she would've had much of a career without it because people would've been just as down on her then as they are now. Playing the sad unwanted wife gave her just enough sympathy to salvage a career in politics.

Until now, of course. Everyone sees her for what she truly is.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.