Rogue One **SPOILER**

Doze

Why put Diego Luna in the first released picture if his role is just a brief cameo? I think Rogue One is going to have Biggs as a main character. We'll have more reason to sympathize with Luke when Biggs is killed at the Death Star, because he won't just be a childhood friend that he happened to encounter at Yavin.

Maybe he is deliberately changing the tense in his conversation with Luke. It isn't what he's planning to do with his new friends at the Academy but it's something that he's already done. Obi-Wan doesn't have to be the only one who's lied to Luke's face.

Heck, is it really a coincidence he was on Tatooine when all this shit went down?

I don't think we should assume deleted scenes are canon. If GL had wanted them to be a part of the story, he had multiple chances to return the cut scenes to one official release or another. As far as I'm concerned, Biggs first shows up at the Yavin base, and not before. If Academy application opportunities only roll around every year (after harvest?), then Wormie may not have seen Biggs in at least a year, and likely more. Why else would he be so excited to see Biggs?

Diego Luna and Garrick Hagon have a strong resemblance. That's a pretty thin reason to assume they're both going to have played Biggs Darklighter, but I'd bet a tiny sum of money on that being the case.

"There will be no one to stop us this time."

Vader says this to an Imperial officer (Chief Bast?) on Leia's ship after capturing it but failing to find the Death Star plans. Apparently they've been tracking the plans for some time. Who stopped them before, when, and how? I can only imagine that the Rogues had something to do with that. It's too tantalizing a line to ignore, and such an excellent hook for an anthology film to connect to the original trilogy. It was always a line that implied a story; now we might get that story.

Or maybe Rogue One is completely unrelated to that line.

I just read today that one of the characters in this film will be named Galen. Are you freaking kidding me? Galen? Like Galen Marek?

That's it. I'm not seeing the spin off films, and possibly not all of the numbered films either if Episode VII turns out to be a drag. Star Wars used to be the thing I loved most, and now it is in the hands of the enemy. It's like when progressivism took route in American politics and society.

Star Wars died in 2014, and I will remember it as it was. Come up with some original ideas, Disney, or at least make an attempt to see what has been done already in order to build your new universe differently.

I don't care what you people think of me for saying this stuff, either. Disney ruins everything they touch. They completely altered the classic fairy tales of ages past, to the point where it is doubtful that many of you know anything about them beyond their Disney versions. It's a clever tactic, really, monopolizing every single child-friendly form of entertainment they can get their hands on in order to become the end-all-be-all source of entertainment.

Oh, fuck it. Not even sure where I was going with this. It's late and time to go to bed. R.I.P. Star Wars.

So...ok.

What?

Are you saying that a rumor of a character name is sufficient to drive you away? It's a rumor! And the name Galen doesn't belong to that one character anyway.

Have you considered therapy? You're mourning the loss of the Defunct Universe. What stage of grief are you in now - anger?

It's not a rumor. One of the actors signed an autograph with the name "Galen" directly under his name, amid other actors from the film. It's a photo that came out earlier today (can't be bothered to find it at the moment).

If it's a defunct universe, then you need to include the six films along with it because they were produced hand-in-hand with the written works. It is impossible to separate the two. Technically, until the FU confirms it to be true (which I have no idea if it has or hasn't yet), we don't even know if the creatures in Return of the Jedi are still called Ewoks! I'm sure they will be called Ewoks at some point, but ostensibly their identities are as-yet unconfirmed.

This is a train wreck that I will have no part of. Star Wars is dead, and what exists now is Disney Wars. You are a Disney Wars fan. It is a similar franchise, but not the same.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.