Hospitals ugh.

Metropolis

I've never really been to the hospital that much. I have had two hernia surgeries the past 6 years. That was an in and out deal. But Tuesday morning I relented to my wife's request as I was blowing chunks all over the place. After feeling ill all day Sunday, and leaving work Monday I thought I was just suffering through food poisoning. Nope. Appendicitis. And according to the surgeon, it was the worst she has ever seen. A surgery that can take a half hour took 4 and a half. Infections everywhere she said. So now there is no going home soon. I'm here for a whole week to make sure the infections are gone. Odds catch up to you I guess. But so far I'm still not allowed to eat. I'd kill for some apple jello right now.

Guest El Chalupacabra

I am sorry to hear you are ill and in the hospital. Appendicitis is no joke. Sounds like you got there in the nick of time. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Oh man, that sucks. I had my appendix taken out a few years ago. It was awful, and they couldn't decide if it was that or not, and eventually just took it out. I spent a week in the hospital before the surgery, not eating anything.

Hope you're better soon. Do they have any idea when you can eat?

They are going to try to put me on solid tomorrow. That nurse is not coming back tomorrow. My wife had a long talk with the shift nurse. She was horrible. I don't know if its a coincidence that I've felt better since she left, but my fever kept hovering around 103. She kept telling my wife oh its going to do that. That's why I need to be hooked up to IVs. The IV you Left me off of for over an hour! Every nurse I had before her was great. She was a ****ing nightmare.

For some reason whenever I think of appendicitis I think of the Simpsons episode where Dr Hibbert removes a guys appendix with a pocket knife on the street in the nick of time, and lobs it like a grenade and it makes an explosion. Kaboom.

Glad you're okay though. Hospitals suck. I hate the smell the most.

Actually other than the nightmare nurse yesterday this place has been a sanctuary. Everyone is so nice and attentive. Gonna be here though the weekend though. The appendix ruptured and caused a lot of infections on my other organs. They've just put me in stronger antibiotics to get everything stable in there.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.