Can Biden beat Clinton?

Ms. Spam

I mean, seriously, people seem to want an outsider, but outsiders typically remain outsiders for a matter of minutes. Isn't it better to have someone who actually knows how to get things done?

I'd vote for Bernie if the California primaries weren't so late they're rendered irrelevant. But as an independent, we're allowed to vote in either primary, so long as it's only one, and I have a suspicion the Republican nomination might still be in contention. So maybe I'll pick one of them, depending who's left.

Guest El Chalupacabra

I honestly do not understand how anyone likes Hilary Clinton. It is a great mystery to me behind the appeal she brings to any sort of leadership position.

Here is what I can think of:

There are a lot of people who, now that we have had an African American president, now want to see the first female president. Who she is takes a back seat to wanting to see history made.

Second, there is the connection to Bill Clinton. To many people, this is like a chance for a Bill Clinton (or depending on what you believe about Bill Clinton's presidency, a Hillary Clinton) 3rd or 4th term.

Third, there are some people who believe that Obama stole the presidency from Clinton, and now it's "her turn."

Politically speaking, some dems believe she is the most politically viable: for them they feel Sanders is too far left, and Biden is a bit looney.

If you want someone who isn't corrupt, your best bet it to not vote.

Yup, at least when you get into national elections where real power is at stake, it is really a choice between the lesser of two evils.

You know... I feel like if you vote for president based on the fact it has boobs and bleeds a few days a month because "WHAT? SHE'S A WOMAN!" you're stupid and don't deserve to vote. I will not vote Hillary in because she's a woman - I actually like Bill better - and I also shied away from Palin as a vice presidential nominee. It should really go to the person who can best deal with the job. I felt this way about VOTE OBAMAMA BECAUSE HE IS BLACK too. I only mention this not because of above comments but because of family who are chosing Clinton to vote for currently because a woman can't do worse than a black woman and womens rights rah rah rah.

On to Biden. OMG, guys can you imagine a Ted Cruz Joe Biden debate!?

Guest El Chalupacabra

On to Biden. OMG, guys can you imagine a Ted Cruz Joe Biden debate!?

Gawd if those two make it that far, it will be both entertaining and a national embarrassment.

Biden is pretty nuts, but he's more or less harmless. Ted Crazy is simply criminally insane and evil.

So why are Hillory Clinton's credentials inferior to anyone else's? You say it's stupid to vote for someone simply because of their gender, but as a US political outsider Id like to know what makes Hillary Clinton so wrong for the job (besides her gender)? Cause I get the feeling it's a bit like people moaning about a woman driving a car poorly or something.

It has nothing to do with gender with me,it has to do with how dishonest she is. She was a trainwreck as secretary of state. Plus we do not need another president with the last name of Clinton or Bush in the oval office.

Fair enough. Aren't all polititians inherently dishonest though? Totally get the view of not needing another Bush or Clinton though.

To many, she seems to be at a different level of dishonesty. She's actually avoided a lot of career ending scandals through her connections and claims that anyone who is concerned is a partisan hack.

I mean, the fact that she and her staff have completely lied about the whole email scandal, but nobody really seems to care except for Fox News, which makes it seem like it has to be a non-issue. Even if the issue is that too much is confidential and she doesn't understand the technical side of things, or even if she merely trusted others to take care of it, all of that should lead to us at the very least questioning her judgment, which should be a big deal when electing a president.

Oooooh, another old white guy for Prez! Nothing like going back to the status quo to shake things up!

The novelty factor in having the first black president followed by the first woman president is strong. Politics can't beat that easily. If Colin Powell had run as a GOP candidate back in the day, he'd likely have won, too. So, can Biden beat Clinton? I doubt it.

It has nothing to do with gender with me,it has to do with how dishonest she is. She was a trainwreck as secretary of state. Plus we do not need another president with the last name of Clinton or Bush in the oval office.

Fair enough. Aren't all polititians inherently dishonest though? Totally get the view of not needing another Bush or Clinton though.

Absolutley they all are crooks. Hilary on the other hand is a totally different breed of dishonest in my opinion.

She reminds me of a PTA/helicoptor parent from hell with national security clearance.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.