TAMI! Have you officially melted?

Ms. Spam

I think it's 10 days total over 90, not 10 in a row. I heard we had rain this weekend, so I doubt it broke 90 that day.

In all seriousness, I would love one rainy day. The grass needs it.

So glad I was not home on maternity leave this summer. Last summer was hot enough. And poor Ethan is such a pacific northwest kid, he hates heat.

Yeah-not in a row. Ten days in one year and we're yelling about it-that's how temperate this area is. I don't think we got to 90 yesterday but I haven't heard of any rain.

Roy and Jesús lay as flat as they can on any hard surface they can find-Roy, usually on my receiver (which I'm sure is GREAT for it) and Jesús either on the dining room table or atop the fridge.

This is the first year I've ever seen most Seattlites allow their lawns to rest. Usually they'll water the bejeeziz out of the grass the minute they see yellow because they're so used to everything being green all year.

Businesses do but most homes here do not have AC so the whining makes a little more sense.

I'd be fine with a rainy day about now, too. I have no grass or gardens to care about but I miss it a bit. My menopausal body would like some serious cool, too. It's 65 already when I get up at 3:30 to go to work. But I'm not complaining. We get so little of this. Soon enough it'll be 52 and rainy for months on end.

Leaves are falling off trees and skittering around on concrete as if it's Fall.

(we have AC at work)

Statements like this amuse me. Only extremely poor homes don't have AC down here. Everywhere else does. And when the AC breaks for any reason, there's a rush to fix it, replace it, or find somewhere with it.

AC is just a given.

It tripped me out when I moved to Boston and so many places didn't have central air.

There's some bitching up here about the yellow lawns, but the funny part is that it comes from the newest, most affordable neighborhood so they're all pretending to be yuppies since I'm sure a lot of them are first time home buyers or normally couldn't afford this area. Watching them go all HOA patrol about lawns is hilarious. Our HOA decided not to enforce the green lawn rule this year. I may have been one of the more vocal people pointing out that it was environmentally irresponsible to try to keep our lawns resembling putting greens when the state is in a drought. Out backyard is completely torn up right now, we're strongly considering putting in turf, or we'll just wait until the rains start to reseed. I'm tired of Isis destroying it anyway.

90 degrees is a welcome relief in Phoenix. When it's regularly 110, 112, 115º, there's no relief from the heat. I wait till the sun goes down to go shopping, and it's still in the upper 90s. I keep the AC off at night as much as possible because it's too expensive to run it all the time, so at night, my thermostat reads 86º. That's about the coolest it ever gets at night in the summer. What a miserable place to live. The desert is a STUPID place to build a city.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.