Hulk Hogan's Daughter Wrote a Poem About Him

Pong Messiah

nypost.com/2015/07/25/hulk-hogans-daughter-writes-poem-for-her-embattled-father/

what the hell is this

shouldnt she be condemning him and changing her name both hogan and bollea and scrubbing his memory off of everything within her power

more importantly are you a bad person if you just dont care that much about this

because honestly i dont care much what that guy says or believes in his personal time

i wonder if its because I never cared for or about hogan in the first place

i mean i liked piper and jake the snake maybe id be upset if i heard them make offensive comments i dont know

Guest El Chalupacabra

As time goes by, the more and more I can't stand Hulk Hogan, and the more I become convinced he is quite possibly the biggest douche bag in human history, or at least in the top ten, anyway. And the rest of his family isn't any better. Of all the wrestlers who end up broke and drowning in their own vomit after overdosing, why does Hogan continue to live?

Don't have your Hogan hatred, Chalupa, but I have never liked him, either. Made me sad when he slammed Andre; the only time I can remember rooting for Hogan is in Wrestlemania VI because Ultimate Warrior.

Regarding his comments: I don't know if I'm experiencing outrage fatigue or if I just can't get worked up over people I never cared about being racists and/or using racist terms, but it doesn't make me angry or change how I feel about the guy. He always seemed like something of a redneck. Oh my goodness, he said racist things? I'm shocked, I tell you! SHOCKED!

That being said, if sports personalities want to go on the air and pretend Hogan's words were so bad as to shake their core beliefs in the universe and if WWE wants to go ahead and pretend he never existed, that's fine with me, too.

Guest El Chalupacabra

It's not that I am outraged about Hogan, because the guy's hey day is coming up on 3 decades ago, now. He's irrelevant, and has been for a long time, now. And no, given the douchiness that has come out about him over the years, I am not surprised by his racist rant, either. In fact, this is more like "what took so long for this to come out."

But I suppose my feelings on him are like the guy is basically like a bad smell in an elevator that just hangs there, and never quite goes away. Hogan just needs to retire from public life.

But I suppose my feelings on him are like the guy is basically like a bad smell in an elevator that just hangs there, and never quite goes away.

That analogy works surprisingly well.

I was a fanatic growing up, right before Hulkamania, finally losing interest in "sports entertainment" some time around Wrestlemania XI.... tuned in briefly 8-9 years later and Hogan was still there. Another 5 years? Still at it. Another 5? Yep. Dude just wouldn't go away.

:eek:

Guest El Chalupacabra

Yeah, basically that's my story, too, though I lost interest around 1990, then tuned in years later sporadically, in like....I'm not sure, 2002 or 3? And I saw Hogan, all crippled up, still trying to wrestle and practically needing a walker to do it. Then I quickly lost interest again. Here's another analogy, it's like when you fall asleep listening to a friend on the phone, then wake up 20 minutes later, and they are still talking about the same thing. And they don't get that you aren't interested in any of what they said.

I can't beleive none of you have pointed out the remedial standard of Brooke's "poem". 'Twas as if it were penned by a twelve year old.

And a guy with a moustache like that... To be honest id be surprised if he weren't racist.

The fact that he made those comments just tells you how dillusional he is. It's one thing to think that way, which is pretty damn bad, it's something else to actually say those things when you know it's being recorded. What a ****ing dumass.

He's always overestimated his importance. He was the right guy at the right time, but he was lucky as hell to get that spot and never understood that he could've been a nobody if the stars didn't align the way they did.

So all of this boils down to hubris. I normally don't revel in someone's pain, but like I said before this is totally deserved.

fuck you, Hulk Hogan.

I was always ambivalent on the Hulkster. I think I liked the idea of the being the ultimate face, and I liked how he could sway a crowd-- but he was always an average wrestler. He fit in the 80s, but ever since then he feels out of place. His schtick could evolve and still work the same way somebody like Ric Flair could manage.

I think once it was obvious that he'd never put somebody over or work and angle that didn't serve him I liked him even less. I recall flipping through his autobiography several years ago and every other page was him taking credit for inventing something in wrestling, or discovering every popular wrestler out there to day. That's when the doucheness became clear to me.

That, and he bones women that look like his daughter. That's creepy.

Hogan has always been a douche. His character was bad, his matches were horrible, and he was a dick to everyone behind the scenes. He totally deserves all of this.

I don't know anything about his behind the scenes dickishness, but totally agree wit you on the bad character/horrible matches angle.

When I was a kid, I saw a house show with Hulk vs. King Kong Bundy as the main event.

Hogan comes out and everybody goes ape****. The match itself was like 4 minutes. It consisted of Bundy beating on Hogan using every dirty trick in the book for 3:30, then 30 seconds of Hogan "Hulking Up" leading to the inevitable leg drop. Then Hogan runs to all four sides of the ring like he's just singlehandedly defeated the entire Axis regime with his hand to his ears... AND EVERYBODY LOVED IT.

Meanwhile, "Leaping" Lanny Poffo was on the undercard against some minor heel. I don't remember if he won or lost, but he was all over the ring, and just put on one hell of a show -- easily the most exciting match of the night with several high-risk maneuvers you rarely got to see from the larger guys... yet it was like a freakin' church in the building. NOBODY CARED.

But oh boy did people care about that bleached blond freak with the handlebar mustache and the rip-away shirt who had maybe -- maybe -- five good moves in his repertoire. What is wrong with people?

I give Vince McMahon a lot of credit when it comes to marketing, and he totally deserves credit for Hulk Hogan. It could've easily been somebody else. If Vince had had his way it would've been Superstar Billy Graham in the late 70s, but at that point Vince Sr. was in charge and he was too old school to build the promotion behind a roided up cartoon character.

So basically Hulk was a Graham knock off who just happened to be available when Vince Jr. came into power. If he had an ounce of humility he would be able to see just how lucky he's been over the years. But he's not. He truly thinks that wrestling, and probably the world in general, still revolves around him even though he hasn't been relevant in years.

Hulk Hogan looks like how Id imagine he smells. To reference family guy.. he looks like he smells like you could taste it. Kinda brackish and musty at the back of your throat. That greasy kind of musty mixed with Vaseline. Cheap cocaine, vaseline and feet. Gross. Offensive to all the senses.

That said I do own a Hulk Hogan coffee mug I inherited from an old housemate. Think I might have just grossed myself out from ever using it again though.

I think the lesson here is twofold:

1) be careful what you say in general*

2) be really careful what you say if there are people out there who want to destroy you (because you are successful, because you are a jerk/egotist, etc.)

If Hogan was truly well-loved by powerful people in his industry and media, I have no doubt he'd get out of the hole he dug himself with an embarrassed apology tour. But when as many people jump on the opportunity to attack him as has happened here, it's obvious there are other forces at play here -- vendettas and "payback's a bitch, ain't it?"

This is like the office job with the obnoxious employee nobody (including the boss) can stand, where everybody is lying in wait to catalog the obnoxious employee's behavior and make a case for giving them the boot. When the employee does **** up (everybody ****s up eventually), everybody jumps down their throat and their desk is cleaned out by noon.

Was it a fireable offense? Probably.

But would an employee people liked/enjoyed working with have been fired? Unlikely.

-------

Regarding "watch what you say," of course some twit will say "No, the lesson is 'don't be racist,'" but that's a distraction. There are and probably always will be taboo words and ideas. In the case of some words/ideas, maybe they are taboo for a good reason, but not always. I mean, looking back from today's vantage point, would you tell somebody who lost their livelihood in 1953 after an overheard conversation "Well, don't be communist?"

In this day and age it really doesn't matter that Hogan was a self serving prick. The WWE is hypersensitive to public perception, mainly because Vince's wife still wants to run for office (last time I checked, at least) but also because they want to cater to a younger audience, so they're more than willing to cut ties with anyone that doesn't fit in.

Hell last year they cut ties with Jim Ross, who was the voice of the WWE during their late 90s heyday, because he suppsedly let Ric Flair get drunk before a video game press conference. I'm pretty sure that Ric Flair's gonna get drunk anyway, with or without Jim Ross.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.