Undertaker

Darth Ender

So the Undertaker came back at Battleground. I never was a Taker fan until he went into semi-retirement. Since then, I have a lot of respect for the guy. I am excited whenever he comes on, but he is so slow. He hasn't had a decent match since his last HHH match. If he is coming back, I would like to be on semi-regularly. I would like to see him have an actual feud with the Corporation. I don't know what that looks like with him not wrestling. Perhaps he could lead his own stable. No Ministry though.

Taker's still just a part timer, only slower and older. The big question now is how they're gonna do Summerslam without either guy looking weak. If Taker loses then he'll look bad for losing two in a row to Lesnar and if Lesnar loses he'll much of his monster status. Even worse would be another screw job finish.

Having said all of that I am intrigued. I think it was the right call to have Brock end the streak, but I seem to be in the minority. It seems logical that Taker will come out on top to set up a rematch at WM.

I just don't think Taker is healthy enough to have a good match, and I would hate to see Lesnar go down to a total has been.

Actually the best and only good way to do it is for someone to interfere against Taker, so Brock wins again but only due to interference. Then when Taker comes back for his revenge he can ask for Hell in a Cell at Mania to keep interference away.

Actually the best and only good way to do it is for someone to interfere against Taker, so Brock wins again but only due to interference. Then when Taker comes back for his revenge he can ask for Hell in a Cell at Mania to keep interference away.

Possibly.

I kinda see this as Taker retiring like HBK though. I think he wants to retire, yet have one last feud to really end it. He probably feels good now and doesn't want to wait till WM. That, and I really don't see how UT winning at WM is relevant anymore. If anything, it can only hurt younger talent. It did nothing for CM Punk and I hurt Wyatt.

I think you need to keep Lesnar strong, but I doubt he'll get another clean win on Taker.

The problem with that is who's going to provide the interference? The only fresh person I can think of is Rusev, and I don't want to see him lose to Taker, either.

I don't think you read my post correctly, at least not the most recent one. What I'm saying is have Brock WIN the match but due to interference. Then when Taker comes back he can demand a match in the Cell to keep interference out.

And who knows, maybe even have Taker lose again to Brock. Have Lesnar beat him all three times. That would be pretty awesome. Not only have Brock end the streak, have him retire the Taker for good.

Oh ok I get you. I guess that could work.

I would love to see Brock beat Taker all three times but I highly doubt that's gonna happen. People are still pissed about the streak ending.

Maybe the best thing would be to have Taker job at Sumerslam and then get his revenge at WM and then just retire. At that point Brock will be a bit stale, so he could take a loss.

Oh ok I get you. I guess that could work.

I would love to see Brock beat Taker all three times but I highly doubt that's gonna happen. People are still pissed about the streak ending.

Maybe the best thing would be to have Taker job at Sumerslam and then get his revenge at WM and then just retire. At that point Brock will be a bit stale, so he could take a loss.

Why have another sub-par Lesnar WM match? I loved seeing Taker come out, but putting him in a match at WM takes a spot from someone that could really work with Lesnar. Say what you will about Rusev, I think he would have a great feud with Lesnar.

I don't want another Taker Brock WM, either, but I think it's inevitable. I think the fact that the first one was as bad as it was is part of it, and that Taker would love a second chance to have a great match with Brock at WM before he hangs it up for good.

• 2 weeks later...

First things first - the irony that Ender, of all people, starting this topic. Looks like Taker = sucks - no more! HAHAHAH! CHUM..... P!

With that aside - I think one thing to note here is the low blow that Taker hit on Lesnar - makes me wonder if they're trying to heel Taker.

I think it has to be some outside interference for sure with this match - clearly setting up for a final match at WM - HIAC could be the way to go.

I don't think they put on sub-par matches, I think they storytell nicely, and sure, it's slower - but add the gimmicks and playing and we're good to go.

As for folks not being interested in Taker etc... it's the sole reason I watch. Once he's gone... I'll probably be done except for annually watching WM.

There is no way that they have Heyman screw over Brock. That will never happen. You couldn't possibly explain it. Heyman would be out of his ****ing mind. They did it once, during Brock's first run, but he was different then. These days, Brock is an intimidating monster beast. His workouts must be insane. I'd hate to see how far he could throw Rey Mysterio.

• 4 weeks later...

So where does this go from here? Does anyone want to see Lesnar V Undertaker at WM? Other than keeping Lesnar out of the championship, what purpose does this serve?

For the record, I still maintain UT is awfully mediocre wrestler that is capable of putting on awesome matches with great wrestlers due to being great at . However, he cannot carry a match. He needs to be elevated, not the other way around. This is the reason I never liked him. That being said, he is pulling on my nostalgia strings.

Taker may be a shell of his former self, but he still has a ton of fans and another match with Brock will have tremendous appeal for them. Personally I don't care about it, but many others will.

I think part of the allure is that neither of them can take a clean loss without shattering their larger than life tough guy auras, so there's a an unpredictable quality to the matchup that you don't see much in wrestling these days.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm not sure what they should do with Bray, but I don't think they should give him the belt. He's better off having random feuds and putting guys over. He's in that weird spot where he can take a loss and still retain his heat, and as we all know someone has to lose. Bray's not gonna win matches consistently until he turns face.

That said, Kane should be the fall guy at Survivor Series.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.