Are there people who you hate working with?

Ms. Spam

• 2 weeks later...

I had one last year that everyone hated because she was so ****ing clueless. Everything was difficult. Everything needed to be explained multiple times (but no one had ever told her that before!). Bitch needed Go Fish explained to her. In detail. She put our boss on edge because he was so stressed about trying to make her into a decent employee. She eventually got fired and thought it was tacky that we didn't give her a going away present. We have a guy now who isn't quite as bad, but we are all picking up his slack because there are things he can't be trusted to do. It's getting old fast.

I'm in a supervisor position now, and my co-supervisor is leaving soon. The girl who is going to get promoted to replace her... god help me.

At my last job, there was a guy that I think normally most people couldn't have stood to be able to work with. He was the stereotypically nerdy and socially awkward engineer type. He would always say the weirdest things at the weirdest points in the conversation, and would often talk about something as if everyone was already in the middle of a long debate with him on some random topic like his ultimate frisbee league.

At first when I started that job, he kind of annoyed me with that sort of thing. But after a month or so I realized how unintentionally hilarious the guy was. Sure, he was the archetype of a certain kind, but he was so random and off-kilter that you couldn't predict how weirdly interesting he was going to be. Not in a way where I was making fun of him or anything, but in a way where I genuinely enjoyed hanging out with the guy because he was in no way a "normal" person and kept things hilarious.

I realized then that the people that I truly can't stand working with are the kind of "single serving friends" like Tyler Durden described. The kind of people you pretend to be friends with for eight hours only to go home and realize you'd never probably hang out with them if you had a choice. They make you feel just as vanilla and stereotypically normal as they are. The ones worth getting to know are the ones that break that mold and help you do it too.

Guest Domina Crystalli

People who whistle. People who are ALWAYS smiling. People who use the day of the week as a description of their mood.

ALL PEOPLE

Fine. You can't be my cubicle neighbor, then.

Guest Domina Crystalli

Imma microwave leftover fish in your breakroom, Krawlie.

While smiling and whistling.

Because I have a case of The Mondays.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.