Are there people who you hate working with?

Ms. Spam

I'm weirded out by you guys not liking phones. I personally hate emails.

We had a Church picnic in June. I posted some pictures to our Church's Facebook page and received the weirdest email request from one of the people there requesting I take down the pictures of her because she was not informed that she was being photographed (uhm... you lined up for the picture because I told everyone to get together so I could take pictures to post on the internet). I had to take down the pictures because it was getting almost unbearable with the relentless emails.

Emails you can respond on your own time and construct exactly what you want to say and how you say it. On the phone, you're more or less required to speak as soon as the other person is done, whether you're prepared or not. You're forced into a conversation with that exact person in that exact moment.

Emails you can respond on your own time and construct exactly what you want to say and how you say it. On the phone, you're more or less required to speak as soon as the other person is done, whether you're prepared or not. You're forced into a conversation with that exact person in that exact moment.

Yes, especially in a work context. I don't like the pressure of an instant answer, especially with some of the questions I get asked. I like to think through the answer and emails and memos let me carefully choose my words.

Guest El Chalupacabra

There WERE people I worked with that annoyed me, but I was laid off on WED.

HA! HA!

Kinda sucks to be looking for work after working at the same place for 12 years, but at least I've had 3 interviews in one week.

There WERE people I worked with that annoyed me, but I was laid off on WED.

HA! HA!

Kinda sucks to be looking for work after working at the same place for 12 years, but at least I've had 3 interviews in one week.

Laaaaaaaame!

Really sorry to hear that man. Hope your next job is better (and comes soon)!

Guest El Chalupacabra

Thanks for the thoughts, guys. Just a temporary setback. Not the first layoff and probably won't be the last. It was strictly a budget thing, so I have good references. I knew it was coming, so I was a bit preemptive and applied at some places before it happened, and the place I work(ed) does have a placement program that will try to place me in another department (may not be the same location or salary) if/when available.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Hey Spam, Pong, and Odine, I just got the call last evening (on my way to see the band Rush in concert, no less) that I got the job I really wanted out of the lot of jobs I applied for earlier this month, prior to the lay off. I start Friday, even!

Hey Spam, Pong, and Odine, I just got the call last evening (on my way to see the band Rush in concert, no less) that I got the job I really wanted out of the lot of jobs I applied for earlier this month, prior to the lay off. I start Friday, even!

Awesome and congrats. Very happy for ya, Chalups!

Sick! That's awesome! Love it how life works out just right sometimes! Happy for you.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Thank you, everyone :)

PEOPLE WHO HEAT UP FISH IN THE MICROWAVE. THESE PEOPLE SHOULD BE BLACKLISTED FROM ALL JOBS FOREVER.

Also congrats Chalup.

At my former job, an employee would heat up fish sticks every day, making the breakroom and hallway smell like the Gortons fisherman.

Probably the only worse thing people can cook in an office, is burning their popcorn.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.