Where's the suicide squad thread

Durty D

What's DC to do if every movie it directed by Snyder does well?

?

I've been let down by both MoS and BvS but this movie looks like it will be really entertaining! Between this and the WW trailer, the DC movies could be looking up!

Drop him like a rock, I hope! I haven't been too wowed by anything he's done. I mean, his movies have great visuals but the stories and characters have been pretty blah.

And can he please tone it down with the slo-mo? Serioulsy, sometimes it feels like he could trim his movies down a bit by leaving it out altogether.

The trailers are great. I kinda keep pounding on it, but the marketing of this movie has been incredible even if I wondered early on whether it was covering for a bland actual movie. I mean, even with these reviews, I still want to see it. Disappointing that it sounds like they couldn't pull this off. I'd like for DC to be good. I know they can be good. If Wonder Woman proves to be trailer gold and movie trash too, I'm not sure where they go from there.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Reviews coming in so far have mostly been negative. Haha. I'm still surprised by how many people thought it looked good.

I wasn't one of them. I thought the previews looked godawful.

It is currently at 38% on RT. I will still go see it; I enjoyed BvS far more than any Marvel movie.

Right now, all critics show 33%, top critics show 28%:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/suicide_squad_2016/

The sad thing is, it will probably make a sh*t-ton of money anyway, and we will see 2 or more sequels.

Guest El Chalupacabra

I never realized the butt hurt between Marvel and DC fans was just as bad, if not worse, than XBox vs Playstation fanboys. I don't get it but to each his own.

Are you addressing me? I'm not into comics, and really marvel and DC each have their version of characters the other side has. Soi don't buy the idea DC characters suck and marvel doesn't.

I just want agood movie. I could care less what its of. But like krawlie said, wb can't seem to make a decent film based on DC comics. Suicide squad just looks terrible which is why I'm criticizing it.

No. It's because the guys at Rotten Tomatoes can't get women!

Isn't Rotten Tomatoes just an aggregate of ratings? I've only read a couple of reviews, but both of them couldn't help but reference Civil War. I can see why, but it does give those crying bias a reason to complain. Justified or not.

So, the new tactic, when a movie gets bad critical ratings and reviews before opening to the public, is to shut down Rotten Tomatoes because heaven forbid you bad mouth a fan favorite fans haven't even seen yet.

LOL, and WB owns the site, don't they?

I don't get the rivalry between Marvel and DC fans, either, I just like super-hero movies...Well, good ones, I mean. I'm still going to see this since the trailers do look good! I'm hoping it's at least better than both MoS and BvS, both of which were pretty lame. This does worry me, though, because it seems like WB just has no idea how to make a good movie universe for their characters.

Just got back from a Thursday night showing of suicide squad. Overall I enjoyed the movie, and I don't understand the hate and the terrible 27% RT score. While I'll admit that marvel is king at making super hero movies, I feel DC has made 2 very good films with BvS and SS. I think what this movie suffers from is Deadpool. After the success of Deadpool and the fact it was r rated, no doubt DC missed an opportunity here. Suicide Squad should have been shot as an r rated film from the start. Another gripe I have is, while BvS for me, was perhaps a little too long and dull in some areas, I feel DC could have added another 20 minutes or so...maybe more back story, perhaps a bit more polish...I dunno, it just seemed depth was missing. The villains, enchantress and the sorcerer, were flat and just disappointing.

Pleasant surprises, I thought Will Smith as Dead Shot was actually well done. Watching previews, I always felt will just felt out of place in the trailers. Harley Quinn was great.

As far as jared leto as the joker, I loved his performance. I think it stands up well with heath ledger and Jack Nicholson. He brought something different, like heath did with his joker, and it was a well done performance. Unfortunately, Joker wasn't in it enough. I knew he wasn't going to be the center point of SS, but watching all the previews and the hype, I just expected a little more.

Edit; wanted to add that I think Diablo was the most intriguing, and was my favorite out of the squad.

My score is a solid B.

It was pretty entertaining but nothing great. I don't understand the negative reviews, it's at least a fun comic book movie and was a heck of a lot better than BvS!

I did not like Leto's Joker, he just came across as too generic or something to me. Still don't like the tattoos and the bling look for him, either.

Just saw it last night too. Yeah it's a no-brainier of a movie, but anyone who expects to use their brains for films like these is entirely missing the point. It wasn't as good as some of the marvel movies, but I liked it more than any of the captain America films. But that's me. Clunky script and inconsistent here and there but it definately didn't deserve the scalding it got. The missus and I had a good time watching it..

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.