Solo Solo movie has directors

Darth Krawlie

I don't really like the idea of a "Han Solo" movie. I do like the idea of a movie with Han Solo as a character. Basically I don't want a movie where it's only plot is how Han became Han. Now a movie with Han as an important character, even the main character, is fine. But it would make sense for a Han Solo movie to also have Boba Fett, Jabba, Greedo, Lando all possibly in it.

Yeah, it's hard to know what to expect out of these anthology films. For me the saga is obvious must see, but I'm still not convinced on these. Rouge One sounds likes it's off to a good start.

Just a guess, but I wouldn't be surprised if this film happens before Han ever deals with Jabba. Maybe that could be the last scene or something, him taking a job from Jabba. But I'm definitely with you on Lando having a part in this.

It just feels so obvious. There is kind of two ways to go with these movies. One if the "lets create movies around existing characters". The other is to set other types of movies in the Star Wars galaxy. Thats what Rogue One is doing and I think thats the far better way to go.

I skimmed the headlines and at first assumed there was going to be Lego Han Solo stand alone movie and I was SO into that.

This, less so.

I was going to interject that LEGO Star Wars "The Padawan Menace" was already a Han Solo origin movie.

BTW I like those two Directors. I watched some of their work and how they go about it and they really have a refreshing approach. It shouldn't work with two guys at the top but somehow it does with them. Should be an interesting movie if they have free reign.

Chewie better be in it. In fact, I hope this is like the new Mad Max and it's more Chewie's movie than Han's. They better not save up all the Chewbacca for a sequel is what I'm saying --- they better realize they can more easily convince me I'm seeing Chewie on screen (and, therefore, whatever blob of flesh is wearing the classic vest'n'pants next to him must be New Han) than the rough uphill climb it'll be to make me (or, one assumes, everyone else too) believe even for a second that some joe shmo actor on his own is a Young Harrison Ford.

Yeah whoever they cast will need all the help they can get for audiences main reaction to not just be "But.... that's not Harrison Ford..." That's one of the reasons this would seem to be a stay away project for me, but hey, I'm definitely interested to see what they come up with.

Yeah, they'd do that if they were smart. Little compromises here and there so that no fans feel alienated would be the way to go. Sadly, I don't see that happening.

You know what type of movie I would love to see? A Darth Vader slasher horror flick. Think about it: Darth Vader is one of the most frightening villains in all of film history (at least for me). There's something about him that sends shivers down your spine.

Imagine a film taking place during the Purge after Revenge of the Sith, where Vader is busy hunting down remaining Jedi. Imagine maybe these are Force-sensitive teenagers or young adults (not quite Jedi) who were perhaps children or infants in the old Jedi Order to be trained as Padawans later in life (which obviously didn't end up happening) and were smuggled away when Order 66 went down. Now, as young adults, they are in hiding from the Empire, but have been found by Vader. Imagine a film where an obsessed Vader hunts down each person and enacts "Imperial justice" on them in various ways, from lightsaber decapitations to large-scale environmental kills by way of the Force. It would explore each person's terror as Vader moves in on them and begins to find ways to snuff out their lives.

This idea is partially inspired by a nightmare I once had where I was running from Darth Vader. I got away from him and tried to hide in a place where I knew he wouldn't think to look, but it was no use because he could sense my presence in the Force. I could hear his breathing getting closer and closer as he zeroed in on me, and I knew what was coming.

Think about it!

Guest El Chalupacabra

You know what type of movie I would love to see? A Darth Vader slasher horror flick. Think about it: Darth Vader is one of the most frightening villains in all of film history (at least for me). There's something about him that sends shivers down your spine.

I don't think I've been scared of Vader since I was like 5.

Besides Vader has been too commercialized, caricaturized, and become too ubiquitous to be taken that seriously. The only media that has done Vader right since TESB, is Star Wars Rebels Season 2, honestly.

Still think a Young Han film is been there done that. Han was 30 in the OT. To get younger than Ford in the OT we'd be raiding Disney Channel for talent.

I think the best course of action, granted I am little more than an idiot with no marketing data etc etc, is to focus on Ewan as Kenobi and have his film(s) do much of what Disney wants done with these others. Have him cross paths with Boba. Have him team with Chewie. Create new younger characters he teams with to then spin off into During and Just After the OT Anthologies. Build around Kenobi and that 18 years of no information. Leave Han sitting solo in the Cantina waiting for Old Ben to show up.

Batman and the Outsiders except Kenobi and the Rebellion, do a cast of five (Ewan included) because homage... Star Wars: The Red Five (not Rogue One, gawddammit). Star Wars Dirty Dozen. Mix in some Indiana Jones feel with Kenobi being that adventuring intellectual, perhaps hunting jedi artifacts. Make one of his young newbies into the old ass jedi artifact hoarder that's rumored for the sequel trilogy.

Besides Vader has been too commercialized, caricaturized, and become too ubiquitous to be taken that seriously. The only media that has done Vader right since TESB, is Star Wars Rebels Season 2, honestly.

No. No. No way, buddy.

Still think a Young Han film is been there done that. Han was 30 in the OT. To get younger than Ford in the OT we'd be raiding Disney Channel for talent.

Everything they've done or are planning to do with the new canon so far has been been-there-done-that. It's why I don't care for it. Identical stories retold slightly differently to replace the old for no other reason than for replacement's sake. No thanks, Disney.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.