Better AC/DC album?

Metropolis

Let there be Rock

This would be the correct answer. But out of the two, given that we´re talking about the European/American "High Voltage" (with only two songs from the Aussie release and the rest from "TNT") I´d go with "High voltage". Just barely. I never liked the production on "Highway to hell", it´s just too nice and clean for an AC/DC album.

Both rank below "Powerage" for me. That´s the big underrated album in their discog.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Like I said, it's a matter of taste... but as far as I'm concerned, Dirty Deeds has 7 tracks I really like, 2 tracks I consider filler. Both Highway to Hell and Back in Black have 10 tracks I really like and no filler. This makes Dirty Deeds good enough for #3 in their catalog on my list, but it's a distant third, to be honest; H2H and BiB are just so damn good.

Now if you want to get into a real argument, ask me what #4 is :p

I suppose it is a matter of taste, but at least you get half-credit if Dirty Deeds is your number 3, even if distantly.

Fly on the wall is a good 4th place album for me, too. Has some filler on it, but overall a decent one.

Fly on the wall is a good 4th place album for me, too. Has some filler on it, but overall a decent one.

Metro was not being sarcastic, and you admit it has some good tracks... this blows me away. I remember serious critics and AC/DC fans just ****ting on that album, and it hasn't gained much esteem over the years as is the case with some "misunderstood" albums, either -- i.e. the only reason people aren't still bitching about it today is that it's been forgotten for 25+ years; I've heard people argue about whether it should be placed near the top of AC/DC's bottom-tier of albums, or near the bottom of their mid-tier, but that's about it.

:eek:

Guest El Chalupacabra

Fly on the Wall is an OK album. I am partial to it probably because it was my first ACDC album I owned, so maybe I am seeing it through rose-colored glasses.

Now if you want to talk about over-rated ACDC albums, my vote goes to Blow Up Your Video.

Fly on the Wall is an OK album. I am partial to it probably because it was my first ACDC album I owned, so maybe I am seeing it through rose-colored glasses.

Now if you want to talk about over-rated ACDC albums, my vote goes to Blow Up Your Video.

Yeah, that one goes along with Stiff Upper Lip as AC/DC's worst for me... not because it/they were so terrible, but because it seems like they weren't even trying.

Guest El Chalupacabra

No they were pretty bad, as well as seeming like they weren't trying. I really don't like either album. But I have more disdain for BUYV because when it came out, I remember people trying really hard to actually like the album. Some may have, but I remember being so disappointed with it, when it came out. When Stiff Upper Lip came out, it was kind of a low-key release. Possibly one of those albums ACDC was contractually bound to produce, but put little heart into it.

For underrated, how about "Flick of the switch"? Nice and dirty album, second best with Brian in my book.

For overrated, "For those about to rock". Does anyone ever listen to anything here except the title track? The rest is really, really boring.

To be honest, I´d rank "Fly on the wall" pretty high among the Brian albums as well. It´s a bit poppy and clean for my taste, but at least has 3-4 memorable tunes which is more than can be said about most of the albums that came later.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.