Groovy! The "Ash vs Evil Dead" story

Rogue 3

Guest El Chalupacabra

This is great! After several false starts/rumors/lies/non-canon comics/crappy video games/an abortion of a quasi-remake/whatever else, finally a true successor and sequel to Army of Darkness!

Guest El Chalupacabra

Yeah, but can we at least wait until the first episode before we piss all over it? From what I saw in the preview, it looked pretty awesome.

I get why timing can be important in entertainment in regards to visibility, momentum, trends, etc...

But I honestly think this series is going to have the same built-in audience today as it would have 10 years ago. Plus, so much of the humor is at the expense of Ash... just think of all the old/fat jokes (some already mined for the trailer) that can be made now that might not have been available a decade ago?

It just looks like a lotta fun to me. Last Evil Dead I saw was the musical, and that was OK, but I'm ready for real Deadites now.

I love it because in a way it's the first real sequel to ED2. I liked Army of Darkness but the medieval setting wasn't nearly as cool as a modern one. The idea of a fat aging Ash still having to deal with dead sounds like a lot of fun.

• 3 months later...

Series has started for anyone who forgot! Great opening episode, head twist scene was freaky and awesome. Killer doll scene was hilarious! Not sure if they are acknowledging the 3rd movie, the brief recap from Ash only touches on what looked like a combo of the first 2 movies. That or maybe Ash thought mentioning time travel would be a bit much.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.