NBA 2015-16

Darth Lohr

Porzingis is going to be a monster star. I'm talking like 25 PPG, 13 RPG with some blocks thrown in there too. What this kid can do is almost without limit. He can shoot, he has some post moves, he is already a very good rebounder, he is an excellent help defender already. His body control for someone his size is remarkable.

It is kinda scary to watch. He's already a better rebounder and defender than I'd hoped he'd be at his peak. The best part is that he likes to mix it up. You can tell he enjoys being in scrums for rebounds. He's got a little nasty in him. Coming into the year I hoped he would come off the bench, play 20 minutes a night and average 8 and 5. Really, thats all I wanted was for him to get his feet wet. He's already a very good player though.

Down the road his versatility is going to be huge too. He can play the 5 when you want to go small. Obviously he can play the 4, thats his normal position. He could even play the 3 in certain situations, although certain 3's would run him off the court. I was actually scared of him not being able to guard certain 4's and then not being physical enough to play the 5 and getting run off the court. But he can easily play the 5, so that's not really a concern.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, he's already the kind of player you tune into a game to watch, regardless of what team you support. With his brand of WTF size and skill, you know the high priests of the NBA are praying nightly this guy's continued physical/mental health and development.

Case in point: I'm making a special point to catch the Blazers vs. Porzing -- er, uh, Knicks game tonight. Probably the only time in recent memory I've been interested in a game where both teams are boasting a .417 record.

The East is a muddled mess right now. On 3.5 games separate the 1 and 10 seeds. After the Heat beat the Cavaliers they were tops in the conference. 3 straight losses and now we're 7th. It will be interesting to see when/if the top teams hit their stride how the conference shapes up.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Way to go Kawhi Leonard! SI cover.

The Spurs have a tough 5 game schedule ahead. I got to hear a game coming back from Tucson. It was the MN game and I believe Becky Hammond coached that one as the big three and Pop sat that one out.

As another interesting aside I listened to some sports radio station dude who complained endlessly about how the Cavs have no joy, like they don't even want to play.

Jackson certainly did it with better talent. I'm thinking that Pop might be the better coach though.

How about Dirk "Diggler" Nowitzki scoring back to back 3 pointers to seal the game in overtime against the Trail Blazers this evening?! He finished the game with 40 points and is 1 of only 4 players, 37 or older, to score as many points in a game.

• 3 months later...

I went to the Heat and requested 1 year $8 million. They said you're 41, you haven't played organized basketball since middle school, and you tire quickly playing full court. They offered 1 year free NBA Ticket and jumped on it! Actually Hassan Whiteside is paying for it. He got the money.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.