NBA 2015-16

Darth Lohr

I honestly don't get that one. The Bulls are going nowhere. Why would Wade jettison the good thing he's got with the Heat for what's not really all that much bigger of a contract (especially when tax differentials are considered)? Why would the Bulls overpay for for a veteran who will probably fall apart during this contract during a rebuilding phase?

The team Wade is most valuable to is the Heat. This is a bad deal for everyone involved.

Reports were that the Heat were offering $40 million. That's only $7 million less than what he signed for and Wade has to pay Illinois state income tax so it's less than that. And Wade's going to lose some money from his personal brand by switching teams.

If the decision was made for financial reasons, then it was ill-considered. In the short run, it might make sense, but in the long run I believe Wade will regret letting his hurt feelings drive his decision. But what's done is done and the Heat part ways with a great player before he turns into a Kobe situation.

It may have to do with the uncertain future of Chris Bosh. It may be about going home. It may be about playing with Butler and Rondo.

...but holy hell, that backcourt duo of Wade/Rondo is not going to be lighting it up from three, that's for damn sure.

Who knows if Butler will even still be around by the start of the season.

I can't imagine Wade made the move for basketball reasons no matter what Bosh's status. The Heat were a game away from going to the Conference Finals last year even without Bosh. They're a solid team. The Bulls just gave up on their franchise players and hit the self-destruct button like a week ago.

Who knows if Butler will even still be around by the start of the season.

I can't imagine Wade made the move for basketball reasons no matter what Bosh's status. The Heat were a game away from going to the Conference Finals last year even without Bosh. They're a solid team. The Bulls just gave up on their franchise players and hit the self-destruct button like a week ago.

I think it had a lot to do with him not being the highest paid player on the team, and their offer being a slap in his face.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.