Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

So, Shenmue 3 is a thing

2 replies to this topic

Durty D

Durty D

Star Wars nerd

• Members
  • 5,919 posts

Never got round to playing Shenmue I but played the heck out of part II when it was on Xbox.

I'm thinking of picking up a dreamcast to go back and play them both in anticipation of part III.

Anyone else have fond memories of this ultra-grind-a-thon of a game?

Edited by Durty D, 24 June 2015 - 09:13 PM.

Anakin Skywalker

Anakin Skywalker

• Members
  • 3,302 posts

Shenmue was perhaps something so entirely original for its time that it really changed how the gamer culture looked at the possibilities of gaming. I recall purchasing the game at an import shop and have fond memories of exploring the world within with which Ryu's narrative unfolded. Looking forward to a third installment!

Durty D

Durty D

Star Wars nerd

• Members
  • 5,919 posts

It's interesting how many open world games in the modern era have shunned interactivity with NPCs.  Outside of RPGs there's no personality to the people that make up streets, town and cities.

Reply to this topic