"Now this isnt podracing!"

RelentlessMalice

Whatever he does now is on him but its totally unfair the shit he gets for PM. He was a little kid, he didn't write or direct that cinematic abortion. What was he supposed to do, not take that check? If he had passed some other kid would have looked just as bad. His painful lines and horrible performance are 100% on Lucas.

Whatever he does now is on him but its totally unfair the **** he gets for PM. He was a little kid, he didn't write or direct that cinematic abortion. What was he supposed to do, not take that check? If he had passed some other kid would have looked just as bad. His painful lines and horrible performance are 100% on Lucas.

Agreed on all counts, though li'l Lloyd was already on my side-eye list after Jingle All the Way, which I hated with the power of a million exploding suns. Granted, that wasn't entirely his fault either (he was, what, 5 at the time?), but those two flicks were just the start of a chain of evidence that, considering the rocky times he's had ever since, seems to indicate he was one of many, many, many kids who should never have been pushed into the child-actor life.

Yeah. He looks absolutely thrilled with life in both pictures. I feel for the guy and what he had to put up with. I'd hate on GL in person all day long for the horror show that was TPM. But I would never put TPM's failures on Lloyd.

What did you do to the poor guy?

We tried to make him feel better! My wife gave him money, same as she would any Star Wars actor or a lot of hobos on the street.

I started to make a joke about what he probably used his autograph proceeds to buy, but the more I look at his mugshot, the unfunnier it gets.

The guy who played Wesley "THE BOY!!!" Chrusher probably wrote the textbook on how to divorce yourself from a fan hated child role.

Wheaton's made a great career for himself in the face of so many moronic haters, but he's also candid about his longtime struggles with depression. Winning back his life hasn't been easy for him.

I saw Jake Lloyd and Ahmed Best at Star Wars Weekends on separate occasions. Jake Lloyd obviously did not want to be there. It was almost painful to watch his chat. Ahmed Best, on the other hand, was funny and self-deprecating and really, really intelligent. It was very interesting to compare and contrast the differences between the two of them and how they've moved past (or haven't, in Lloyd's case) the roles that made people despise them.

Yeah. He looks absolutely thrilled with life in both pictures. I feel for the guy and what he had to put up with. I'd hate on GL in person all day long for the horror show that was TPM. But I would never put TPM's failures on Lloyd.

Somwhere in the process, the actor has some responsibility for his performance. It is not all about the failure of the director or script. ...and before anyone screams, "he was just a boy" i'm sure you can recall many child performances throughout movie history that hit it out of the park, no matter the script.

That's ridiculous logic. "Because some child progidies in the past really nailed it let's blame a little boy for a shitty movie." If you believe a 9 year old boy is supposed to:

1) recognize the film's failings on his own

2) stand up to the Director and force him to make changes

-then you're smoking that Walter White blue meth.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.