Fallout 4

Odine

Whaaa?

I've never been interested in them myself, but there are a lot of mods that bring in stuff from other genres and franchises.

The Warhammer mods can be simple paint jobs for your power armor

1049-2-1447747703.jpg

To the full-on introduction of liches, goblins, and other characters into the game wheeeee:
6039-1-1241447975.jpg

Though, let's be honest here: most of the visual mods are primarily concerned with making boobs larger and adding "jiggle."

Well I completed the main storylines-- and surprisingly, I'm having fun still. Usually when I finish the main storylines I get bored, and I got bored with this one before I did even that. So it's a big shock to find I am enjoying exploring stuff and trying out other companions. Also getting into the settlement building-- or at least the structures. Whenever prompted before I'd just through a couple beds under some prefab shacks.

But I'm digging the Lego/Minecraft aspect of building up a big multi-room structure.

Far Harbor was fine. THAT ONE quest really took me out of it though as it wasn't what I pay Fallout for. Like at all. lol

The choices you could make were nice. I thought the setting was a bit bland and it ran really awful any time there was fog on screen. Which was a whole lot.

Are you playing on PS4? They just re-released the DLC which you can download that fixes the frame rate with the fog (apparently Xbone didn't have issues). Bit of a pain to download though, doesn't download like a normal update, you need to go into the library and select it.

And yeah agreed on that quest, it was horrid.

• 1 month later...

I got all the DLCs. Workshop to help my newfound obsession with settlements (Spectacle Island is an entire Diamond city sized town for me now), Automatron to make better companions that are actually good in a fight (Mechanist storyline was fun), and Far Harbor cause everyone said so. I loved it, though I plan to sue due to the eye strain.

And I am so over Nick Valentine and his bullshit.

Can't wait for Nukaworld.

Automatron to make better companions that are actually good in a fight

Holy crap yes. I gave Ada a laser sniper arm and an automatic laser arm and she destroys anything that farts in my direction. All i need to worry about is finding their body afterwards to loot it. I really didn't want to switch to Nick for Far Harbour because she was so useful, but I had to for story reasons (I'd been told it's well worth bringing him and it is).

it is, but thank God I don't have to do it anymore. I gave my automatron hacking ability on top of ridiculous weapons, that was the only other thing Nick was good for. That, and as I said before, wandering to line of fire constantly and walking right into enemies while I am hiding. None of the other companions do this-- wtf is up with him.

I never understand why people leave hacking and lockpicking up to their companions. I've always just invested the points in as early as I can and do it all myself so I don't have to rely on companions doing it. Plus it's an interesting little challenge every time I come across something that needs hacking or picked. Companions are there for extra firepower or for their story, and very often I'll end up without a companion because I can't be dealing with them getting in the way. Certainly in Skyrim it was very unusual for me to have a companion for that exact reason (particularly as I usually stealth archer my way through every dungeon, which becomes seriously difficult when your companion immediately draws their sword and charges every time an enemy comes within aggro range).

Spectacle Island is my primary settlement-- it's the biggest, has almost 30 people, it's where I send all companions to chill, I have a giant water farm set up to keep me rich, and its workshop is the hub of all my supply lines.

So I stop off after a supply run to dump some junk and collect some water to trade for ammo and what do I see? On the far hill, somebody stomping around in power armor.

No one on my team has armor... The closer I get I see it's by super custom X1 suit that I keep in a garage here for when I need it.

Get a little closer, and who's walking around in it? Nick Valentine. This ****ing guy.

On his own, while I was away he hoped in and wasted the core.

So now, like the parent of an untrustworthy teen, I have to be sure to leave my armor core-less so this guy doesn't highjack it.

This is worse than when Mama Murphy always slept in my private quarters.

This game needs a way to tag stuff as personal to keep grubby NPCs off!

I learned the hard way never to leave fusion cores in power armour when I wasn't wearing it during the battle at the Castle, when a Courser jumped into the T-45 set you get at the beginning that I'd upgraded, painted in Minuteman colours and stored there, and began absolutely wrecking. Had to Gauss rifle that son of a bitch in the face a few times to kill him :/ now I never leave cores in and reuse the same core in every suit I put on so I don't have 50 different cores listed in my inventory all in different states of charge.

I was doing that, then I started leaving my extra cores in a chest inside of one of my crashpads. I intentioanlly built it a little high so you have to jump to get into it. Aside from some random spawns, NPCs generally can't get near it.

• 1 month later...

Anyone else get Nuka-World?

About a third of the way into it. The environments are amazing, some of the best the game has offered I think. The gameplay is a bit off-- a lot of things are hidden behind master locks and terminals, meaning you'd have to be pretty high up to play through-- and yet the enemies have all been super basic and unchallenging.

Lack of workshops to dump loot is criminal.

Narrative is a mixed bag at this stage.

I haven't gotten any DLC yet. I started a month and haven't gotten that far. Stupid adult responsibility. I'm trying to get to level 16 so I can open some shops, I'm at level 15 now.

• 5 years later...

Bump!!

I decided to replay F4 now that I have a PC and have the ability to truly mod. Still

a PC newb it took my a day to get it all worked out, but I’m now runnning close to 4 dozen modes.

Mostly gameplay and settlement tweaks, but a few are making this an all new game, specifically “start me up” which lets you be an original character based a list of character classes. I’m a merc, and now Vault 111 is a thing I find and the mod maker put the audio of the kidnapping into a holotape. Listen to it, and then you report it to Nick. So basically you are not married into the lord that you are looking for your son. Makes it so much easier to role play how you want.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.