Cover up your ten year olds!

The Kurgan

Spammy, Regina is sorta close to the US boarder. It's summers are most likely no different than high state cities. For contrast Anchorage is much higher and we still have what can be called summer (we have three seasons; summer, bitch it's miserable and then everything looks like shit). Our summer is like other places lasting around May to September, but the best months are just June and July, after that all bets are off to what could happen and when. Temperatures range from high 50s to high 70s, daylight feels constant but the sun does set eventually, if the day isn't completely overcast to OMG is it nuclear winter? levels then the sky is usually photo perfect. 50s to Alaskans is no coat having days. 70s is OMG we're melting get out the sprinkler.

In Short: Regina, Swachatwonton likely enjoys "summer" weather too.

I heard because of climate changes you guys have had some 90s in Alaska. My mom taught in Juneau a long time ago. I keep forgetting Regina is closer down than say Edmonton (I dated a guy from Edmonton). Because of my experiences in Edmonton it colors my perception of Canada. My Dad used to work in Calgary too.

Totally with you that boob staring is the boy's prob, and the last part of your post could even be its own bumper sticker! But forgetting about fairness, morality, philosophy, slogans, etc. for a moment, some attire simply is going to be distracting (again, not just talking about super-skimpy/sexualized clothing), and big ol' meanie that I am, I gots no problem with schools eliminating that distraction.

This isn't to say I'd wish the the job of arbiter in "Is this person dressed in a deliberately sexually provocative way?" questions on anybody. I mean, sure, it sounds like a super fun job, but the subjectivity, context, politics, parents, and (occasional, social) media involvement has to make it an absolute nightmare.

The exposed shoulders kind of kill me. Are shoulders sexy? Is there something I'm missing here, guys? PLZ TELL ME UR SEKRETS.

Well.. Yeah shoulders are hot. Although to be specific it's generally the shoulder joint and how it connects to the clavicle (collar bone) which leads the eye to the neck, that is super hot visually speaking. Not the deltoid itself. Women usually have fairly understated deltoids unless they work out a tonne. But I know i dig a nice collar bone/shoulder on a fine lady. (Visually). But I'm sure most men are not even aware it's a thing for them even though it is. It's so instinctual and part of the overall visual impression. I'm sure most guys aren't aware how much they like a nice looking shoulder and collar bone.

Incidentally, that whole visual section is far more prominent the older one becomes so not sure how that's relevant to 10 year olds.

Maybe I'm over analysing because I have to draw naked people day in day out. Dunno. Shoulders are cool.

I heard because of climate changes you guys have had some 90s in Alaska. My mom taught in Juneau a long time ago. I keep forgetting Regina is closer down than say Edmonton (I dated a guy from Edmonton). Because of my experiences in Edmonton it colors my perception of Canada. My Dad used to work in Calgary too.

I don't recall anything above the mid 80s and even then that is so rare I could count it on my hands, lived in Anchorage for 28 years. HOWEVER, Alaska is a big state and some places are more south than one would expect. Juneau is more like Washington state climate for instance. Also against what one may expect the interior of Alaska, more north, by Fairbanks can register higher average summer temps. I would assume the near constant sunlight and surrounding mountain ranges create a bowl of warmer climate.

As for Climate Change being the issue... I dunno, I don't collect data (noting in case Carrie reads this lol). I do know that in my 28 years living in Anchorage but traveling as high as Tok and as low as Juneau, that the differences in each year feel little. There are summers that are more warm, others not. Reverse for winter. If I had to peg a term I'd use cyclical over change.

re: Boobs

Even being happy and secure in a relationship for 23 years I have found myself, well not ogling, but definitely noticing a great set (size not necessarily the thing) regardless of what the woman is wearing. In these occassions even my wife notices them. We just give each other a smirk and a yeah wow at those expression. lol Most times the more noticably great boobs and figure isn't even on display with low cut collars or whatever.

Given that mature experience then I believe the issue for hormonal kids has to be crushing. My experience as a teen was a bit different as when I finally took my head out of books and got off the sports field I immediately noticed my wife. Single kids though, must be crazy, can't imagine dress codes change that.

Ok so where are we with Crop Tops and Ripped Jeans at school?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-32910132

There's an interesting quote at the bottom of that article:

Andrea O'Reilly, a professor of women's studies at York University says the students should be given credit for taking a stand on this long-standing issue.

"I remember my sister was one of the first girls sent home for wearing pants in the '60s," said O'Reilly. "We live in a culture that both denies women's sexuality, but is obsessed with it."

But she says, sexist policies also infantilized and dehumanized men, assuming if they're attracted to a girl, they'll sexualize her and lose control.

"There are a lot of myths out there, that women are asking for it, and boys can't control their bodies," O'Reilly said. "None of this is true, but I think on some level we believe this as a culture, and this is why we keep returning to these discussions."

(And if this makes any sense, I think proximity matters to women. I don't know about men. I have a lot harder time dealing with attraction if I'm in close quarters with the person. I usually try to put some distance in there to ease my discomfort.)

Did you mean if you are attracted to somebody, or if you know somebody is attracted to you?

Both. If I am in close proximity with some attractive or I think finds me attractive, it makes me uncomfortable. Probably because that usually got me into situations (make-outy ones) when I was a hormonal teenager. That may also be because I tend to be attracted to faces, and not "bodies".

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.