Doze

So like now every character is rumored to be Han's kid? Is this guy like Ghengis Khan where like 9% of everyone in the galaxy is somehow descended from him?

No that would be Palpatine. Can you imagine how much ***** that guy got once he was emperor? Sure he would've had to Force it up but he would've been raping everything in sight, much like Khan.

By the time of ANH he probably had about a thousand sons roaming the galaxy.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Wow. I just looked up that Sana stuff. Um ... what? LOL

Same here. Pretty terrible. My first thoughts were:

1. Is this supposed to be a recall of the Carrie Fisher character in Blues Brothers, with a twist and Leia is sitting there in shock?

2. Sana Solo? The name sounds a little too close not to be a rip off of Sansa, as in Sansa Stark.

3. Who wants to place a bet on how long the big reveal is that Sana is Lando's sister, thereby finally giving us the explanation for Lando's "Why you slimy, double-crossing, no good swindler! You've got a lot of nerve showing your face around here," outburst in TESB. Because, you know, we REALLY need that line explained after 35 years.

Good thing that according to Disney, Sana is not canon, right?

So like now every character is rumored to be Han's kid? Is this guy like Ghengis Khan where like 9% of everyone in the galaxy is somehow descended from him?

No that would be Palpatine. Can you imagine how much ***** that guy got once he was emperor? Sure he would've had to Force it up but he would've been raping everything in sight, much like Khan.

By the time of ANH he probably had about a thousand sons roaming the galaxy.

UNLIMITED POWER!!!

Guest El Chalupacabra

Um, what? This story is canon.

Also, not every black person in Star Wars is related.

Also also, if you think things aren't going back to the status quo by the time ESB rolls around, I've got a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn.

And finally:

All with three eyes.

A+++++++ reference, sir.

I guess next time I need to use sarcasm tags.

Yep. Now go look up Salla Zend and tell me it isn't a little too convenient.

Even with my vague awareness of the OGEU I thought she was a total Salla rip off.

The new comics all started strong, but I've dropped all of them at this point. I LOVED the evil R2 and 3P0 in the Vader comic, but it jumped the shaRk for me with the cyberSith.

It's good to see the new non movie stuff is as dumb as a small minority of the old non movie stuff.

Fixed.

Otherwise, yes, the FU is off to a lousy start, not just with the comics but the novels have all universally gotten negative reviews, with the exception of Tarkin with mixed reviews (the one Luceno tried his best to tie in to past EU works, in other words).

And even the EU-hating, Disney-ass-kissing Facebook group, Star Wars Geeks of the World, UNITE!!!, are up in arms about this blatant ripoff.

The old EU wasn't "plagued" by bad writing and bad ideas. With someone so huge, you're going to have bits of terrible mixed in with the awesome.

A New Dawn had good reviews. And I've only read 12 chapters of it so far, but Dark Disciple is really promising.

Really? Everyone I've interacted with, both online and in real life, has said how terrible it was.

It's good to see the new non movie stuff is as dumb as a small minority of the old non movie stuff.

Fixed.

Otherwise, yes, the FU is off to a lousy start, not just with the comics but the novels have all universally gotten negative reviews, with the exception of Tarkin with mixed reviews (the one Luceno tried his best to tie in to past EU works, in other words).

And even the EU-hating, Disney-ass-kissing Facebook group, Star Wars Geeks of the World, UNITE!!!, are up in arms about this blatant ripoff.

Star Wars cannot rip off Star Wars. They are allowed to use whatever they choose from the old EU.

How many people will have read any of the new canon, compared to the number who will see the movies? I wonder what is the point of "harmonizing" comics, games, and novels, read by a few thousand people, with films that will be seen by millions? Do the accountants at Disney or Lucasfilm really think providing a few nerdgasms to the ultraloyal fans is worth the time, money, and effort it takes to keep all the stories straight?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.