Doze

I hope they make new Pepsi cans for the new canon. This isn't a bit --- I legitimately hope that as a promotion for the new movie they make "collectable" Pepsi cans for each character with a little one sentence biography of that character on the can and a hidden word and everything the same way they did for Phantom Menace in '99. And I am genuinely surprised it took me misreading the title of this topic to come to this realization; that it has been two years six months and twenty-eight days and it took me this long to know that nearly all I really want out of a new trilogy is just Star Wars on cans of pop again.

As happy as I am that they got rid of the EU, as far as the sequels go, I really hope they don't make the new non-movie stuff important as far as the overall story is concerned.

I was never a fan of the eu, but I didn't hate it or anything because it didn't interfere with the movies. I just don't want them to make the new canon something that one must read in order to understand things in the new movies, because I have no interest in reading any of it to "keep up".

I hope not. I have this fear that questions raised by the new eu will be dealt with in the new movies and I'll be sitting there thinking "what was that all about?".

Like rebels, I only watched a few episodes but I kept thinking "obviously all these people die soon, none of them are mentioned in the OT, so they must all die before hand". Then I think "Crap, what if one of these characters introduced in the cartoons is a catalyst for something in the movies and I have no idea what is going on".

There's talk that Rebels might tie into Rogue One, because they take place around the same time period and Gary Whitta (who wrote the first draft of Rogue One) is writing an episode of Rebels. But, I doubt you'd have to watch Rebels to understand Rogue One, just like you don't have to watch Agents of Shield to understand the Marvel movies.

Also, I want Aftermath so badly.

Or they won't. They probably won't mention a single word of it. The game is just a game that fits into the background. The movie doesn't and shouldn't ever have any obligation to any of that. And the studio sure as hell won't tell anyone making a film they have to change/add/remove a detail in the film because of a video game or a book or anything.

The movie doesn't and shouldn't ever have any obligation to any of that. And the studio sure as hell won't tell anyone making a film they have to change/add/remove a detail in the film because of a video game or a book or anything.

Of course they won't. We all know that the movies are at the top of the food chain. BUT the entire point of the Story Group is to connect all the stories, so yeah, there's going to be stuff in Aftermath and Battlefront that enhance The Force Awakens. The people making those stories worked with the Story Group to make sure there's no discrepancies.

Hoping the new comics don't actually have any deep effect on the films. Already the Han+Sana=Finn bit is annoying me.

Yeah, I heard about this a few days ago. Even anti-EUers are railing against it as a blatant ripoff of a nearly identical EU character.

Han's original back story was way better.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.