kid names

Burt

I wanted something recognizable yet different. So we went with Noah, not realizing that it was going to be in the Top 10 every year. Probably should have looked that up, but it was the first name with both agreed on. If we ever have a girl, it's going to be a fight because I'm going to want something much more uncommon. But that's a big IF since I'm not 100% sure we can even have any more.

Huh. I was actually like 3 days pregnant when I posted this...

I've failed to talk Katie out of naming new babby Elliott. Maybe someday I'll like it?

So here's what you do.

Absolutely agree with her. Then, when the birth certificate paperwork gets filled out, volunteer to do it.

BAM! You get naming rights and probably a divorce. You should never have listened to me.

Call him Eli.

Yeah, that's the plan.

I've failed to talk Katie out of naming new babby Elliott. Maybe someday I'll like it?

So here's what you do.

Absolutely agree with her. Then, when the birth certificate paperwork gets filled out, volunteer to do it.

BAM! You get naming rights and probably a divorce. You should never have listened to me.

+1

Guest Bridgewife

My husband and I are more traditional with names, so I don't expect anything crazy later on.

I met a woman who named her kid Aviendha - first name - from the Wheel of Time series. They'll call her Ah-vee, but I really wouldn't want to have to keep explaining how to pronounce that.

Remember when your kids were named after your favorite soap opera? I went to school with tons of Ryan's. Anyways... the point of this story is that today I had my first Anakin at roll call today.

I was going to be named Brooke until my dad found out it was a character on All My Children. Thanks, Dad, for sticking me with #3 most popular name of the 80s. Why didn't we just go big and name me Jennifer?

But LOL at Anakin in your class.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Serious question, why in this day and age, would someone name their kid Richard, but refer to them as Dick, anymore?

• 3 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.