kid names

Burt

I think my name, Garrison, is the perfect amount of unique. My dad's name is Gary, so I'm Gary's-son. Works on several levels.

Oh and give your kid two middle names. I love having two middle names.

It's not that unique. I grew up Roman Catholic and I have a bajillion middle names.

Good talk, mg.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Friend of mine named his son Anakin. That's some commitment right there. Kinda going for the big guns straight up.

That is effed up, but still has nothing on naming a kid Rollz Royce. I get people wanting to name their kid a name that stands out and all, but some parents act like they are naming a puppy. I can't help to think that when parents name their kid a ridiculous name, they deserve it if their kid grows up to be a serial killer with the parents as their first victims.

BOB. Easy name. Easy to spell, pronounce. unique for a girl.

Not really, because I know a girl named Bobbie Joe.

Over the years at my job, I've come across a million laugh out loud names. We only recently just decided to keep a list. Here's what we have so far:

CHACONYA DIXON

DAWAYLENA CARTER

QWYMESIA TANNER

RANDARIUS COOLEY

SHARMELDAI EDWARDS

LUCQUENTE WHITE

MARCAULIUS WOODARD

DORCAS WANG

YOHANNES NEGGA

ANA BRITO

J’LYSA ROBINSON

CHOLLY PIGG

RICHARD WOOD

EBONE JIGGETTS

MARCEDES DANGREMOND

TUNYEKIA ADAMSON

CLINTARD SPARKMAN

MAX BUTTS

NORMA DICK

DORCAS WANG

I feel like made up names are a sure sign of either being doomed to failure or being in the NFL.

Also, I feel the same way about fathers giving their sons the same name as themselves as I do naming them after a pop culture character. It's ego and the desire to pre-design the identity of their kid instead of letting them be themself.

I think my name, Garrison, is the perfect amount of unique. My dad's name is Gary, so I'm Gary's-son. Works on several levels.

Oh and give your kid two middle names. I love having two middle names.

It's not that unique. I grew up Roman Catholic and I have a bajillion middle names.

Good talk, mg.

no dis meant, I was just sayin gawd

Friend of mine named his son Anakin. That's some commitment right there. Kinda going for the big guns straight up.

That is effed up, but still has nothing on naming a kid Rollz Royce. I get people wanting to name their kid a name that stands out and all, but some parents act like they are naming a puppy. I can't help to think that when parents name their kid a ridiculous name, they deserve it if their kid grows up to be a serial killer with the parents as their first victims.

BOB. Easy name. Easy to spell, pronounce. unique for a girl.

Not really, because I know a girl named Bobbie Joe.

Yeahnd there are SO many of them. Like Catholics.

I don't see it as much now, but when I used to be doing database administration for our company's largest program, I was exposed to a LOT of names at any given point. We had at our peak 1,300 active employees plus many thousands of terms. With that many employee names, you're BOUND to get some juicy ones. Sadly, none come to mind right now, but I might just print off a roster of the entire DB just to look for weird names.

I don't know many Catholics with two legal middle names. Maybe one. Several who use their confirmation name, but it's not a legal name.

Confirmation is one of the Sacraments of Initiation. At that time, the person selects the name of a saint to be their "confirmation name." Ideally a saint to whom you have a special dedication, someone you're choosing to be a patron, protector and guide.

Frequently the name is chosen at random.

I suppose it's technically possible, and may be used in some cases that I'm not aware of, but typically in the US it's just sort of there. Some people add it as a middle name, but that's about it.

I didn't say you were wrong, I said that I don't know anyone, so it's obviously not just a Catholic thing. It may be based on where you grew up, but it hardly represents 78.2 million people in the US.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.