Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

CBS Supergirl

198 replies to this topic

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• 42,592 posts
So ... like sex with her then?

3 & 6 years to go...

3 & 6 years to go...

Mr. Impatient

• Moderators
  • 19,186 posts

Sex?  That word rings a bell a bit.  Can you explain?

CoLA

CoLA

Zero Calories

• Members
  • 641 posts
Ugh, not feeling the Kara/Jimmy thing! Maybe it's because Jimmy is coming across as kind of a douche here, making eyes at Kara while dating another woman. I just don't get anything from the two of them other than they seem to be starstruck with each other, her because he's attractive and him because she's cute and also Supergirl.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• 42,592 posts
Meanwhile the flash will be on the show March 28!!!

CoLA

CoLA

Zero Calories

• Members
  • 641 posts
Yay-uhhhh!

Justus

Justus

• 13,083 posts

Ugh, not feeling the Kara/Jimmy thing! Maybe it's because Jimmy is coming across as kind of a douche here, making eyes at Kara while dating another woman. I just don't get anything from the two of them other than they seem to be starstruck with each other, her because he's attractive and him because she's cute and also Supergirl.

How is James a douche? At the time he developed feelings for bow legs, he needed space after the break up with Lucy. Lucy showing up a time when he was in a period of transition pulled him back to see if there were something left to explore, but that does not mean he was mistreating Kara. Moreover, she's in love with him (thanks to Bizarro Supergirl kidnapping someone she loves), so she's as "guilty" in this as James.

Regarding their feelings: no matter how many guys they drag into this show, the Kara/James relationship was meant to be romantic (working toward that) from the start. Cat's son, Winn, or anyone else is not the right man for her. If Berlanti has a pair at all, he will not tease this "will they/won't they" only to have it go nowhere. Bumpy road? Fine. Distractions with other relationships? Fine, but the Kara / James relationship was and remains the most intense developed for the show.

CoLA

CoLA

Zero Calories

• Members
  • 641 posts

At the time he developed feelings for bow legs,

LOL!

Anyways! I just fee like he's almost doing it on purpose, making side glances at Kara while dating another woman. He should have just told Lucy they were done at the start! But I guess free sex is free sex, even if you're pining for someone else.

Justus

Justus

• 13,083 posts

Anyone keeping up with the show? I'm watching, but its more out of just wanting to see how it all ends, rather than any great interest in the character/plot development, when its just not strong.

..and what's with nearly every villain being a woman? If you remove Non and Lord (Toyman was more about being a daddy issue for Winn), there's no male villains. I believe I know the reason for it, but its not helping the series.

Poe Dameron

Poe Dameron

• 2,485 posts
Anyone keeping up with the show?

I'm slightly behind.  Only watched the Braniac/Indigo episode recently.  I wonder if they made Laura Vandervoort's Indigo a poor man's Mystique because they wanted some Twitter heat or because no one on set had the guts to point out that the color scheme is exactly the same.

..and what's with nearly every villain being a woman?

There have been more men than that.  Reactron, that guy controlling Red Tornado, Master Jailor.  Considering the two main villains are men, that's plenty of balance.

CoLA

CoLA

Zero Calories

• Members
  • 641 posts
Yeah, what was with making the Indigo villain look like movie Mystique? They could have at least made her green like the Coluans! They could have kept her blonde hair, then, too!

Iceheart

Iceheart

No.

• Moderators
  • 20,587 posts

Is this on again tonight? It wasn't on last week. I assumed a hiatus?

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• 42,592 posts
Yeah its on tonight and my ass live tweeting it. :p

Iceheart

Iceheart

No.

• Moderators
  • 20,587 posts

That was my favorite episode so far. The characters are all a bit stereotyped on this show, so it was not only fun to see evil Kara, but also to see that the actress who plays her has some real chops.

Although I thought it was weird in the storyline way but not in the whole they haven't quite figured out how to have him in blockbuster movies and also on a tv show way that Jimmy didn't just call Superman in to deal with his whack-a-doodle red K addled cousin.

Who else wants to see Alex and Maxwell Lord just hate **** already?

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• 42,592 posts
Yeah this was totally my fave ep too. Melissa is ****ing awesome and she really showed that this time. And as N6 pointed out on twitter this beat all the Red K eps on Smallville. For one simple reason ... they did it to explore the characters not for the spectacle. There's a subtle but crucial difference.

3 & 6 years to go...

3 & 6 years to go...

Mr. Impatient

• Moderators
  • 19,186 posts

They copied, a tad, Superman III.  In the bar. 

Iceheart

Iceheart

No.

• Moderators
  • 20,587 posts

Dude, they copy EVERYTHING from Superman. Doesn't mean it isn't fun to watch Kara do it.

• ShadowDog +1 this

3 & 6 years to go...

3 & 6 years to go...

Mr. Impatient

• Moderators
  • 19,186 posts

Oh, I wasn't saying that it wasn't fun to watch.  Just pointing it out.  That is all.  I like the show.  I watch every week.

Justus

Justus

• 13,083 posts

1. That was my favorite episode so far. The characters are all a bit stereotyped on this show, so it was not only fun to see evil Kara, but also to see that the actress who plays her has some real chops.

2.Although I thought it was weird in the storyline way but not in the whole they haven't quite figured out how to have him in blockbuster movies and also on a tv show way that Jimmy didn't just call Superman in to deal with his whack-a-doodle red K addled cousin.

3. Who else wants to see Alex and Maxwell Lord just hate **** already?

1. Eh. Few people have ever pulled off the "evil side" successfully in film or TV...and Benoist is not among them. She just delivered a "i'm EVVAAALL! Outta my way!" kind of cliche performance.

2.Superman is for WB's  movie universe, while Berlanti's shows have no connection to any of the movie productions. That might explain why the only Superman you ever see in this series is a silhouette in a cape, which (truthfully) can be just about any character.

3. No thrill in watching a shrill, plain woman screw a pompous dickhead.

Iceheart

Iceheart

No.

• Moderators
  • 20,587 posts

I'm sorry someone pissed in your Cheerios this morning, but you don't have to let it ruin your whole day. Just turn that frown upside-down!

Re: #2... uh, that's pretty much exactly what I said. Good to see we agree on something.

CoLA

CoLA

Zero Calories

• Members
  • 641 posts

They copied, a tad, Superman III.  In the bar.

That was my favorite part! I wouldn't have minded an episode or two more of Evil Kara, she was great!

Justus

Justus

• 13,083 posts

I'm sorry someone pissed in your Cheerios this morning, but you don't have to let it ruin your whole day. Just turn that frown upside-down!

Did Berlanti pay you 20 cents for every letter of that? I say 20, because the series obviously has budget issues, and there's not a lot of cash to spread around. :yes:

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• 42,592 posts
No reason to be a dick.

Iceheart

Iceheart

No.

• Moderators
  • 20,587 posts

Aww, he thinks he's being clever! How cute.

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Moderators
  • 28,548 posts

No reason to be a dick.

Is this the first time you two met?
  • Good God a Bear +1 this

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• 42,592 posts