CBS Supergirl

Gman

I hope we get a good amount of him this season, too! I know he's only supposed to be in the first few of the season but I'd like him to keep popping in as a side character. Please let him team up with the others during that crossover with the Flash/Arrow/LoT series!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I've been watching it. I'm still not convinced they cast the right guy as Superman. He's written well and I like the character (annoyingly nice, so pretty much spot on Superman), but I think they got the wrong actor.

I'm waiting impatiently for the crossover episodes with Flash, Legends and Arrow.

I think this is the season where Nightly finally shifted all superhero talk to Twitter...

TBH I throw so much energy into the live-tweeting that by the time an episode's over, I don't have many thoughts left over for Nightly mini-reviews or even for my own site.

CW Supergirl so far: loved loved LOVED their version of Clark, but the show's gonna be hard pressed to sustain any momentum that he and Cat are leaving in their wake. Snapper is pointlessly one-note, basically a gym teacher in the wrong profession, and none of the other characters bring attitudinal contrast anywhere to the level that Cat did. As ever, the villains are sufficient if not wowing. President Lynda Carter was awesome but then saddening because I know she's not signed on as a series regular.

Now if we can all just survive the Kara/Mon-El romance that I'm sure is in store over the coming weeks...

Now if we can all just survive the Kara/Mon-El romance that I'm sure is in store over the coming weeks...

Now that they've cast Superman, maybe they'll want to be progressive and go another direction...or would that be regressive? :p

EEEEEWWWWWWWW.

Snapper is pointlessly one-note, basically a gym teacher in the wrong profession, and none of the other characters bring attitudinal contrast anywhere to the level that Cat did.

Although Snapper was right... story comes first, and the editor writes the headlines.

(working in the profession you see depicted on TV is always LOL worthy)

Whaddya bet some Kryptonian and Daxanian old fuddy duddies get in the middle of the whole Kara and Mon-El thing and it turns into Romeo and Juliet?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Is anyone's still watching this? The show has blatantly taken a stand against the Trump Administration's immigration policies. Last season they had Linda Carter as the President of the US who was fighting for immigrant rights. It was obvious she was representing Clinton. This season CADMUS is now ICE. CADMUS vans with armed men pull up to unsuspecting aliens, grab them and take them away to a holding facility where they are being put into a rocket to "deport" them from earth. Kara Danvers is told by her editor he can't print her story on CADMUS unless she has multiple verifiable sources because "one wrong quote can put a fascist in the White House." I don't think I've ever seen a mainstream show where the writing is so obvious with its agenda like this. I'm wondering if it's a good or bad idea.

Guest Robin

LDH^

Bele: It is obvious to the most simpleminded that Lokai is of an inferior breed.

Mr. Spock: The obvious visual evidence, Commissioner, is that he is of the same breed as yourself.

Bele: Are you blind, Commander Spock? Well, look at me. Look at me!

Captain James T. Kirk: You are black on one side and white on the other.

Bele: I am black on the right side!

Captain James T. Kirk: I fail to see the significant difference.

Bele: Lokai is white on the right side. All of his people are white on the right side.

Also part of storytelling is to display morals and agendas. I'm not sure why you're having a difficulty with the concept, it's as old as language.

It's more annoying now than those charming '60s...

We're watching but it seems more like a CW show with special guest star Supergirl than it being about her. Does anyone remember those sweet endings with the sisters curled up in blankets, watching tv and eating ice cream?

Guest Robin

Yeah. It has become the typical CW relationship drama. Because of that I find myself chatting with my daughter during commercial breaks about "all the drama up in here" and we get a good laugh.

Speaking of a good laugh and all the drama, the Mxyzptlk episode was especially "good" pointing out absurd relationship moments and not just because of Mxy's demands.

Also I strongly, so strongly, believe the episode missed out on a tremendous moment to finish with; At the end Supergirl and DudeBro swoon in her apartment and the Police's song 'Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic' plays in the background (not sung by the Police however). At the last moment the camera should have panned to the window to show Mxy floating on his blue mist cloud and being the one singing that song.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.