Lost in Transmission

The Human Torch

This new series on the History Channel focuses on a couple good ol car guys on a quest to help other car guys get their classic cars back on the road. The first episode has them restoring a Delorean. I like the show so far. The guys have good chemistry and it has an honest fun about it.

We have a show very similar called "For the Love of Cars" on Sunday evening in the UK, and that has the same idea. In the 1st series last year, they did the DeLorean, a classic Mini Cooper, and lots of other classic motors, and the 2nd series kicked off a few weeks back with a restoration of an Aston Martin DBS, a car that has featured in the Bond film On Her Majesty's Secret Service, and classic 60's show The Persuaders.

Really enjoyable, and loads of history behind the car in question. They then auction them off, and in some cases it's helping out someone who has tried to restore it, but been unable due to health or other reasons. They can get very emotional when they see the finished car!

I may look that one up too. I just discovered that one of the hosts on this show was involved with the American Top Gear, I watched a few minutes of that version and passed; just wasn't the same without Jeremy, May and Hammond. Although next season of the real Top Gear will probably feel different now too, considering Jeremy's exit.

Anyway by the end of the first episode the guy they repaired the Delorean for just about fainted from emotion, used the car to support himself and when he drove it away his face was pure joy. I love shows like this for those moments, with such horribleness on the planet seeing just a moment of real joy and appreciation is very affecting.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.