Doing anything special this year for Star Wars 7?

Stevil

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

If any of you find yourselves in London this summer, Secret Cinema are doing a series of showings of The Empire Strikes Back.

Last summer it was Back to the Future, where they built Hill Valley near the Olympic park, everyone dressed in 50's gear, and actors were there to perform scenes before and during the airing of the film - it was seriously good fun! Take a look at the video clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VrveujhWmg

Link to the website is here if you fancy it. Pricey, but really worth it!

http://secretcinema.seetickets.com/tour/secret-cinema-presents-star-wars/list/1/100

So last night I went along to Secret Cinema's production of The Empire Strikes Back, and what an amazing evening it was! The effort they have gone to to get you involved, the look of the planets you visit, totally immersive and bloody great fun!

You do a bit of trading with characters from the film, have a few beers at the well known bar, go on missions, and all the time scenes from the films play out as you head towards the screening of ESB. Bloody brilliant! All of you here love the films and you will love this experience!

There is a mini video clip on this link:

http://www.secretcinema.org/tickets/

• 3 weeks later...

I was there with a large group of people on opening night at the Mann's Chinese Theater for Episode 1. It was actually a really fun experience despite the fact that the movie sucked. However, I'm not willing to camp out to get tickets, so I'll probably try to go to the AMC at Downtown Disney. They have a pretty awesome main theater (saw Episode 2 and 3 there, along with all three LOTR films) that has assigned seating. I normally don't like crowds and I hate the idea of the audience cheering at every "I have a bad feeling about this" line (which is why I never see a Marvel movie on opening weeked), but there's just no way I'd be able to stay away when a new Star Wars movie is out in theaters. I doubt I'll make it to a midnight showing, but I'll definitely be there that Friday night.

• 2 months later...

Hoping to book tickets to watch with my Mum, Wife and eldest Daughter. Maybe not the midnight showing but the following evening.

Glad my Mum wants to come as she introduced me to Star Wars when I was little. I have her to thank for my love of all things space and sci-fi.

What's funny is that that event Mara is going to, tickets are trying to be sold for close to $10,000.

To clarify, this isn't just a movie ticket, but the after-hours event at Hollywood Studios. But considering tickets for that are only $100, people paying 10k for that are insane. Even I wouldn't do that. :p

That said... *goes to ebay to sell her tickets*

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.