Doing anything special this year for Star Wars 7?

Stevil

I've been having some thoughts on this and maybe I'm having a bit of a mid-life crisis I don't know.

However I think I'd like to see the film on opening night and maybe dress up for the experience. Dust off the old lightsaber you know :)

Anyone else having similar thoughts? Are you going to watch it with someone special or maybe in a group?

I hardly ever go to the cinema at all... so just seeing this at IMAX is going to be an occasion for me. Will take the GF and hopefully go to the opening screening which will most probably be midnight. I plan on eating a sack of popcorn with maltersers (if thats how they're spelled) and a big ass coca cola. If I had a lightsaber id consider bringing it with me.. but alas I am deprived my own jedi weapon. Im sure I'll see plenty though.

Guest El Chalupacabra

+1 on what Odine said. I rarely go to the theater myself, so the fact I am going to see Episode 7 in the theater is the special event in of itself!

If I do go to the midnight showing (which I'm not sure about yet), I'm hoping to go dressed as a post-Return of the Jedi Expanded Universe character. Haven't decided who that will be yet. Maybe Kyle Katarn, but I'll have to lose some weight between now and then if I want to look like Kyle.

My hatred of seeing movies in a crowd now knows no bounds. I'll wait until the nearest weekday morning.

When I saw Avengers 2 I about lost it. First one the constantly mumbling people who were making fun of it, then the constantly mumbling people discussing comic nerd stuff, then on the guy behind me who must have been spoiler free that wouldn't stop OH MY GODing when Vision was born.

Like Seth, I pretty much try avoid crowds at movies. If I were to go to a big first night showing for any movie a this point, though, it would be this one if for no other reason than that I haven't gotten to see any SW movie in that type of setting before.

If any of you find yourselves in London this summer, Secret Cinema are doing a series of showings of The Empire Strikes Back.

Last summer it was Back to the Future, where they built Hill Valley near the Olympic park, everyone dressed in 50's gear, and actors were there to perform scenes before and during the airing of the film - it was seriously good fun! Take a look at the video clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VrveujhWmg

Link to the website is here if you fancy it. Pricey, but really worth it!

http://secretcinema.seetickets.com/tour/secret-cinema-presents-star-wars/list/1/100

And for episode 7, I've never done a midnight showing before, but think this has to be done! Cannot wait!!

Not super excited for the new Star Wars, and even less excited about big crowds, but my dad will probably drag me out to see it at midnight 'cause I'm "such a big sci-fi/fantasy fan" and he's heard there's a big twist or something and would just hate for me to "get blindsided by major spoilers posted on social media the next day." Or something along those lines.

Of course it has nothing to do with him wanting to be one of the first to see it out of the gate. Nope! :p

^been to all the wrong places then dude

Allthough I admit, we're far behind Los Angles when it comes to food. But it shouldn't be surprising that the home of Hollywood is forward thinking when it comes to food. But if you think British food is bad.. You should go to Europe.

When I went to Florida last year I was horrified at the lack of healthy eating options. It was fine for me but my wife is vegetarian and there wasn't a lot of choice.

Also, why does everything come with cheese and 'corn??

I'm thinking midnight showing. We'll see.

Depends on whether my wife will let me go out and leave her with 2 young kids.

So my 12 year old daughter came to me last night and wants to watch all of Star War in order including the cartoons in as much of a marathon fashion as we can right before episode seven comes out. Man I love that girl…

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.