Captain America: Civil War

Darth Krawlie

http://www.superherohype.com/news/340055-marvel-studios-reveals-captain-america-civil-war-synopsis-confirms-cast

Marvel Studios has commenced principal photography at Pinewood Studios in Atlanta, Georgia on Captain America: Civil War, the third installment of its Super Hero franchise. The production will shoot on location in Atlanta, Georgia, which serves as the base for the film’s production, as well as locations in Germany, Puerto Rico and Iceland.

Set for release in the United States on May 6, 2016, Captain America: Civil War is directed by Anthony and Joe Russo (Marvel’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier, “Community”) from a screenplay by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely (Captain America: The Winter Solider, Marvel’s Captain America: The First Avenger). The film returns Chris Evans as the iconic Super Hero character Steve Rogers/Captain America along with Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man, Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow, Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier, Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson/Falcon, Paul Bettany as The Vision, Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton/Hawkeye, Don Cheadle as Jim Rhodes/War Machine and Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch.

After his debut in Marvel’s Ant-Man on July 17, 2015, Paul Rudd will make his first appearance alongside the Avengers as Scott Lang/Ant-Man in Captain America: Civil War.

The cast of the film also includes Chadwick Boseman (42, Get on Up) as T’Challa/Black Panther, Emily VanCamp (“Revenge”) as Sharon Carter/Agent 13, Daniel Brühl (Inglourious Basterds, Bourne Ultimatum) as Baron Helmut Zemo, Frank Grillo as Brock Rumlow/Crossbones, William Hurt (Marvel’s The Incredible Hulk) as General Thaddeus “Thunderbolt” Ross and Martin Freeman (The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey).

Captain America: Civil War picks up where Avengers: Age of Ultron left off, as Steve Rogers leads the new team of Avengers in their continued efforts to safeguard humanity. After another international incident involving the Avengers results in collateral damage, political pressure mounts to install a system of accountability and a governing body to determine when to enlist the services of the team. The new status quo fractures the Avengers while they try to protect the world from a new and nefarious villain.

Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War is produced by Marvel Studios’ president, Kevin Feige, with Louis D’Esposito, Alan Fine, Victoria Alonso, Patricia Whitcher, Nate Moore and Stan Lee serving as executive producers.

Directors Joe and Anthony Russo’s creative team also includes director of photography Trent Opaloch (Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Elysium), production designer Owen Paterson (Godzilla, The Matrix), and three time Oscar-nominated costume designer Judianna Makovsky (Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone)

So this is basically Avengers 2.5. We got Ant-Man confirmed, General Ross confirmed, a thousand other heroes and we still haven't even cast Spider-Man. This is definitely a good way for the Russos to gear up for Infinity War!

I'm sure the bulk of the movie is Cap, Falcon, Widow and Bucky like last time and Tony will have Rhodey and Vision hanging around. Everyone else will probably just be in one or two scenes like War Machine and Falcon were used in Age of Ultron.

• 6 months later...

Looks great and I'm excited.

Was saying somewhere else that I like Supergirl (which honestly is just slightly more than OK atm) better than I should, in large part 'cause her abilities aren't Super Sarcasm or Mega Misery or Ultimate Ambiguity; the current incarnation of Captain America is similar, but so much more. Film has become so much more sophisticated..."strong, generally optimistic hero in possession of moral clarity" sounds so fricken' quaint, and the militaristic/jingoistic over (and under) tones of the mere words "Captain America," when used non-ironically, are enough to make any self-respecting postmodernist vomit in their mouth. Yet, the writing, themes, and characterizations here are just so damn resonant. The First Avenger was a pleasant surprise, Winter Soldier a knockout (also, oddly understated at times, and better for it), and Civil War has me hoping for something even better.

Side note: I'm trying to convince a friend who loves most comic book/SF/Fantasy stuff not to hate on Captain America and give the series a chance (these are the only MCU films she hasn't seen cause she's one of those "vomits in mouth at the non-ironic use of the words 'Captain America'" people). Any persuasive arguments you can think of, other than "No really, they're not 2 hours of mutant Rambo American Exceptionalism, they're good movies!"? You'd think that watching both Avengers movies would be enough to demonstrate that it's not the case, but...

Just tell her she's ****ing retarded, because really, that's ****ing retarded.

Retarded, or obstinate to ridiculous degrees. This friend would not be the only one with mind-melting levels of social / politicized hate for the Captain America name and concept, while ignoring how that title has meant distinct things pre and post WWII. But forget about that, it's easier to run a hate-a-thon than learn anything that might challenge (or change) views,

dude you can have an opinion

i was excited when ed norton was cast as hulk even though no one had seen him in the role and i thought he did a pretty good job with what he was given

i was meh when mark ruffalo was cast as hulk even though no one had seen him in the role and am still meh but at least he doesnt suck

opinions

dude you can have an opinion

i was excited when ed norton was cast as hulk even though no one had seen him in the role and i thought he did a pretty good job with what he was given

i was meh when mark ruffalo was cast as hulk even though no one had seen him in the role and am still meh but at least he doesnt suck

opinions

Same. Mostly. I'm still disappointed Norton was an asshole and wouldn't continue the role. I've never been a fan of ruffalo but he's surprised me. Not gonna change my mind though, I still wish Norton was doing it.

As for Holland, I mean yeah he seems fine. At least he looks like he could be in high school.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.