Captain America: Civil War

Darth Krawlie

I read an interview with the Russos that said they were planning on Captain Marvel being in Infinity War, which is interesting since Infinity War Part 1 will be released before the Captain Marvel solo film.

I've heard the same thing which gives me hope the Captain Marvel film will have her already firmly in the superhero role.

I do think that the Tony/Pepper relationship deserves more closure that what we got.

Eh, i'm not so sure. Just looking at Tony's behavior over his past few appearances, and you can pick any number of reasons Pepper would throw in the towel. He's someone to keep at arm's length--even among his "friends" like Natasha and Steve.

I read an interview with the Russos that said they were planning on Captain Marvel being in Infinity War, which is interesting since Infinity War Part 1 will be released before the Captain Marvel solo film.

I've heard the same thing which gives me hope the Captain Marvel film will have her already firmly in the superhero role.

If it's true that Infinity War 2 is in space for the most part, that should put Earth in part 1. It's not impossible to imagine Kree showing up on Earth when Thanos and fuck knows whatever he brings with him arrive. Once we've got Kree on Earth, all we need is a certain air force pilot within their vicinity.

Excellent film! Saw it today and loved it. The Captain America films are on a roll. Not a bad one yet! That's a pretty big accomplishment for any film series. So much emotion. I really felt for Cap when Peggy died. I love her character and really enjoy her TV series. It sucks to learn that the series has been cancelled.

Anyways... I was really worried beforehand that Cap was going to be pushed out of his own movie with all the other characters, but everything balanced out well. It was definitely a Captain America movie through and through.

Here's my rankings...

1. Captain America: The First Avenger

2. Captain America: Civil War

3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

4. Guardians of the Galaxy

5. Ant-Man

6. The Avengers

7. Iron Man

8. Avengers: Age of Ultron

9. Iron Man 3

10. Thor

11. Thor: The Dark World

12. Iron Man 2

13. Hulk

For me, someone who has never read a comic, I have a hard time combining the heroes who are earth based and have their powers/abilities from science or technology and the actual super heroes or beings from space or another dimension or whatever. When the two are mixed together it usually doesn't work for me.

Yeah, but who cares? None of that will impact the films.

I think it already has. The Inhumans movie is now in limbo. Considering that the whole Inhumans storyline got started on Agents of SHIELD and was directly tied to the Kree, I think that the television show was supposed to directly lead up to the Inhumans movie and the Kree by extention exploding into the Marvel universe, but they're rethinking it because the show doesn't really have enough of a following.

While I don't think they would care about overriding the TV show if they thought of something better. I can't imagine that their overarching storyline for the whole series didn't get approval from the big wigs when they had a movie planned about the same subject.

Poor Thor. No one really loves a Thor movie, do they?

Love's a strong word. But that first Thor movie was a lot better than I ever thought it would be. Especially at the time when they were coming off the swing and misses that were The Incredible Hulk and Iron Man 2. Nowadays, Marvel has the credibility to make you think they can pull off Ant-Man, but back then, they were still new and on a bad streak. And Thor had the potential to BOMB on film. He's like the Marvel equivalent of Aquaman.

I give them a lot of bonus points just for pulling it off at all and not sinking the concept of a shared universe.

The films effect the TV series, not the other way around. That was the theory around Inhumans being in limbo but I think it was confirmed somewhere (could be wrong) that the Inhumans in the show wouldn't have anything to really do with the characters from the film, since I don't think the film is even set on Earth.

I really like the first Thor. I can't settle on a ranking but I'd probably be in the upper half for me.

Same.

Honestly, the only MCU entry I don't like is Ant Man, and that's probably only because I haven't seen it yet. Even the "bad" ones like TDW or AOU are entertaining.

For repeat viewings, I'd probably do the three Cap movies, Iron Man's first entry, and Guardians of the Galaxy, but they're all fun -- the kind of movie that I can't help but sit down and watch if it's on.

Also, re: SHIELD, marvel tv and marvel films don't answer to the same people.

They talk to each other though. Knowing that there's an Inhumans storyline coming down the pike in the movies, the producers of Agents of SHIELD wouldn't just start building their own story on it and rope in the Kree without a thumbsup from the movie guys. No matter how segregated they are, it just wouldn't happen.

They don't quite talk to each other as much as Jeph Loeb runs the TV verse like Feige does the movies, and Feige gives Loeb a no-no list of things they can't use.

All TV stuff goes through Feige's office, and they shut down anything they think infringes upon the movie. Obviously the TV side is in on the loop so that once the movie comes out, they can be ready to follow it up, but only then.

There's countless articles with Feige, Loeb, and the Russo's talking about how the completely different pacing of production between TV and movies makes it hard for them to cross over.

My guess is, the best we'll get, is in Infinity War NYC will be attacked again, and when an alien ship crashes in Hell's Kitchen, we'll see 15 seconds of the Defenders taking care of it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.