Captain America: Civil War

Darth Krawlie

Guest El Chalupacabra

Well, you know, when you are in the business like I am, you know people, and they let you see some early private screenings....

Again Thor and Hulk are 2 of the core 4 man team so no its not an Avengers movie by another name. Not when HALF the core team is absent.

This movie has 4 0f 6, not 2 of 4! Both Avengers movies featured Widow and Hawkeye, too. :p

And then there are the newer Avengers, like Falcon, Vision, Scarlet Witch and Ant-Man. Avengers 2.5 all the way!

So uh there's some leaked handheld footage from Europe. The entire airport fight scene. To use wrestling terminology: I marked the **** out. Awesome stuff.

Where? All I can find is people posting stupid things claiming to be a leak

It was amazing how in one sequence I was given everything I needed to know to establish Spider-Man and Black Panther in the MCU. In the middle of an action sequence no less. I know it's old hat to beat on BvS, but come on. How can DC not get characters right when they have an entire movie to do it, and Marvel does it in ONE sequence.

I've never been a huge Spider-Man fan, but his small part makes me more excited to see a Spider-Man film more than any of the trailers of the last 5 Spider-Man movies.

And Black Panther-- I cannot wait for that. He is bad ass.

How can DC not get characters right when they have an entire movie to do it, and Marvel does it in ONE sequence.

Funnily enough, I think that DC managed this too. If there was one thing Batman v. Superman did right, it was Wonder Woman relishing that fight with the clearly overpowering Doomsday. Seeing Wonder Woman decide to leave the sidelines and not just be a reluctant warrior but showing up as a full old-school joyous Amazonian Warrior gave her more weight than either Batman or Superman and got me interested in seeing her movie. You also got the feeling that she has done this before and is the adult to the relatively inexperienced Batman and Superman and arguably saved the climactic battle from being a complete loss.

Go figure.

No, I'd agree with that-- ironically the biggest hero DC has outside of Bats and Supes is the one they've been terrified to try and somehow she landed. Hopefully her solo film lives up to it. I'd love for DC to really get a win with her.

Really cool way to burn an evening. I'm not that high on a new Spider-Man film series, but I love this version in an ensemble cast. Also liked the progression they've done with Scarlet Witch. She's young, she's got all this power, and, naturally,

the price of her learning curve has consequences that she (and the rest of the team) must live with.

Hawkeye showed some weight in his return. Ant-Man gets the award for coolest moment. Heck, even Falcon felt like he was more than an add-on unworthy of even being there.

And Hot Aunt May is a big upgrade. Seriously, Aunt May being older than dirt is an outdated custom where all parental figures in film, television, and comics were treated as old even though, in truth, when we were growing up, most of our parents were young themselves. I'm glad they ditched it.

Favorite little moment was when

Peter gives Tony the "With great power" speech (using different words thankfully), and it seems to pretty much fly over Tony's head that this kid is unknowingly telling him that he acts because people will be hurt if he doesn't and Tony's wrong to abdicate his responsibility to ease his conscience.

Though I have one nit-pick that was really bothering me throughout the big battle. The Vision kept disappearing. Only Scarlet Witch has power that even approaches his and the whole rest of the field put together would be hard pressed to take him down even if the banded together. Yet, he pretty much did nothing for most of the whole battle even though he was unchecked. Scarlet Witch was accounted for a good portion of the time. She was out there assisting several characters. But The Vision, was just forgotten until he was needed a couple of times.

I understand he's an OP character. But to just pretend he isn't there for the majority of an action sequence was a bit lazy.

Oh, and when Thunderbolt Ross is

dressing down everyone for losing the Hulk, why didn't someone, anyone, ask him about the times that he lost track of Banner?

Maybe they were all waiting for Tony to do it?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.